What to Ship to DJI for repair?

Reaction score
Hey Guys just a quick question.

I'm getting ready to ship my P3 to DJI for repairs. I couldn't get a clear answer on what i need to send to them aside from the drone itself. Do I include the RC, SD card, battery or anything else?

I'm going to put it in the original DJI box, and then put that inside a cardboard box. I believe this is what they request.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Reactions: rene van der meer
I'm also sending on my new P3P and DJI told me to only send in the bird and controller, nothing else. No batteries or accessories. They told me to put in the original box and pack it inside another box with good packing or they might not honor the warranty. My P3P has had a bad camera since I bought it month ago. It has to be less then 12" from the subject to be in focus.

Got it. I'll send those 2 then. Sucks about your P3P too. Mine no longer syncs with the RC due to a corrupt firmware that no local hobby shops can't fix.

Thanks for the info. Good luck with yours.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: rene van der meer
Hey Guys just a quick question.

I'm getting ready to ship my P3 to DJI for repairs. I couldn't get a clear answer on what i need to send to them aside from the drone itself. Do I include the RC, SD card, battery or anything else?

I'm going to put it in the original DJI box, and then put that inside a cardboard box. I believe this is what they request.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Dcmusik22, I have returned my P3 a few times. You should ship everything that came in the box. See the inside the box list.
In the Box!.PNG

If the battery is OK. You can keep it. Just mention it clearly.

From my experience from sending it to drone repair shops just send them the drone and a controller no SD cards no battery

I've sent mine in last week for repair - 2 cracks in the rear arms of the P3 & one of the antennas has come away on the remote.

You don't need to ship everything that came in the box, also I didn't have the original box so just used another box with loads of packing - bubble wrap/peanuts/ gaffer tape etc

I wouldn't have sent in the remote if there was nothing wrong with it. Just label everything with your case number etc - inside box, outside box, P3

Sent mine last wednesday & only took 3 days to HK - so expecting a quick turn around

They're telling me 2-3 weeks MAX that they'll get to it. Then add on however long it takes for repairs and shipping back. My guess is 4-6 weeks total.

I'll update this post when I get it back.

I shipped them mine last month and just sent the P3 - no controller, battery or anything else. Received in back in 3 weeks, completely rebuilt and working perfectly. Nice service (although difficult to get them to answer any questions on the site). My repair was new shell, motors, camera and gimbal after a 1.5 FW sudden loss of power. Free of charge including shipping both ways. I think they are really making an effort these days to improve customer service.

I shipped them mine last month and just sent the P3 - no controller, battery or anything else. Received in back in 3 weeks, completely rebuilt and working perfectly. Nice service (although difficult to get them to answer any questions on the site). My repair was new shell, motors, camera and gimbal after a 1.5 FW sudden loss of power. Free of charge including shipping both ways. I think they are really making an effort these days to improve customer service.

Nice - I'm surprised they didn't just give you a new one instead of replacing everything.

I sent my P3P in for a new camera and they rec'd it, replaced the camera and shipped it in less then a week. It took FedEx longer to ship it from MA to CA each way then it took DJI to repair it. When I sent it in they said to only ship the controller and the Phantom. I got it back last Friday. Haven't had chance to fly it yet due to the weather and working.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic