What to look for when buying used?

Reaction score
I have my eyes on a used P2 with FPV and Zenmus 3D
The posting says less than 2 hours of flight.
Since I saw a real Phantom only once, I don't know what to look for as far as red flags obviously other than cracks or heavy scratches and bents.
How do i even know if it's a P2 and not P1 (in case there are no receipts)

Is it even a good idea to buy used when you don;t know what to look for?... Sure i'd be saving $400 but is it worth taking the chance?...

xavpil said:
I have my eyes on a used P2 with FPV and Zenmus 3D
The posting says less than 2 hours of flight.
Since I saw a real Phantom only once, I don't know what to look for as far as red flags obviously other than cracks or heavy scratches and bents.
How do i even know if it's a P2 and not P1 (in case there are no receipts)

Is it even a good idea to buy used when you don;t know what to look for?... Sure i'd be saving $400 but is it worth taking the chance?...

P2 looks different to the P1 and has a completely different battery setup - just look at the images on the DJI website of the two and you'll spot the obvious differences.

First off I'd find out why they are selling after only two hours, especially seeing as it's the new 3D gimbal. If you're buying used locally I'd want to see it flown/fly it myself first. If you're buying online and can't see it before you buy then there's going to be a risk and you should factor that into the max price you are prepared to pay. The aircraft are fairly robust and spares generally available so as long as it's not bricked then most things are replaceable on it. Gimbals are less sturdy and can be broken in "unexpected landings"...

SOrry Pullup the server was acting up so i could reply.
Thanks for the input.
I really think I'll buy new... I don't want to take the chance...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik