What to expect back from DJI?? Warranty

Reaction score
I sent my P3P in because of two issues, camera would never square with the horizon, always tilted and one big stress crack.

When it comes back, are they some how replacing it with a stronger shell that won't crack anymore? LOL no way, right, so what are they doing to prevent this from happening again?

Do they give special instructions on what they did, and how they fixed the issue so it doesn't happen again?

Also I assume they will completely replace the gimbal/camera and with the a whole new body needed, maybe just a refurb unit overall?

I assume a full IMU calibrate,compass and gimbal when I get it back?

Thanks

In your case, I would assume they will replace your shell with a new shell, most probably the same part. As far as preventing it in the future, they will probably say that's up to you.

As for the gimbal and camera: you say the horizon tilts slightly? That could possibly be a simple fix. Sometimes the roll motor and arm get "off center" and there are plenty of YouTube vids that show how to fix that... in your case, they may just readjust it, unless they find that there's more wrong. They are usually pretty good at sending you back a basically like new unit... Meaning they repair yours to be like new.

I recently had to send my P3P in after a failed FW update "bricked" it. Naturally, mine had crash damage so it was not covered under warranty, but they replaced everything that was sub par. Even a landing gear leg!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, could you point me to the right direction with these youtube videos of the "roll motor" fix? just curious

thanks

Just google search "phantom 3 gimbal fix" or something of the sort

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20