What to do... P1 into P2 shell or flame wheel

Reaction score
Hi guys. I've got a P1.5 I think, self tighten props and NAZA-M v2.

Now I've got the ground station in the post. I've relocated batts outside to make room inside and more flight time. Gimble with gopro. Now I do a lot of filming from my wake boat and find the Phantom awesome especially with auto ALT hold even if you let go of transmitter. I've already dropped a Tali H500 cause I accidentally turned bloody ALT HLD off [emoji24] that was an expensive lesson to stick with DJI....

So my question is this, I'm looking for bigger airframe for bigger Batts, obviously for more flight time. Will shifting to P2 with bigger Batts tray help ? Or upgrade to Flame Wheel ?.

Second question? Will components from P1.5 merge with Flame Wheel ?

Any advice, criticisms etc more than welcome ?

Regards Rob

Just been cruises forum and hobby king ...

What about this Z700-V2 QUADCOPTER FRAME ?

Would I need bigger motors/rotors etc...

Again any info , advice & criticisms welcome...

Browneee said:
Just been cruises forum and hobby king ...

What about this Z700-V2 QUADCOPTER FRAME ?

Would I need bigger motors/rotors etc...

Again any info , advice & criticisms welcome...

Really depends what you want out of a quad. If you are just using the internals with no upgrades then anything bigger is a waste as flight time will go down and flight stability will be worse.

Z700 would work with stock motors and 10" blades but would fly no better than a 450 but for less time due to size/weight. Anything above a 9" props could really do with the bigger 30amp ESC's (Phantoms are only 18amp).

Personally I'd turn it into a P1.5 and join the club (I know a thing or two about this ;) ).... 15-20 mins flight time a realistic possibility, stable and reliable platform and its really not that hard to do. Plus do it right and you can use either P2 batterys or stock lipos.

I own and have owned a 450, ImmersionRC XuGong, Tricopters, Minis250's and lately an HK Alien 560.... all great fun products but none of them have flown as well as my P1.5 and with the P2 battery it is such a clean 'go to' quad that fits in a box.

Don't take my word for it....join the thread and ask the guys that have done it: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=7017

Can tell you from my own tests using the p2 frame for a p1 is more efficient than using a flamewheel frame

N[]vA said:
Can tell you from my own tests using the p2 frame for a p1 is more efficient than using a flamewheel frame

Yep... more aerodynamic and the most common issue with stability on any other frame is centre of gravity which makes a MASSIVE difference in how a quad flys no matter how good the flight controller may be. With the P2 shell it is hard to get it much of centre unless you use a 3rd part gimbal with some weird and wacky front mounted gimbal.

Update... Well shelled out the coin for a Flame a Wheel 550. So far love it. Yeah i'l come up with a front mounted gimbal set up. But I'm still keeping my P1 & in time i'l upgrade it to a P1.5 :)

Browneee said:
Update... Well shelled out the coin for a Flame a Wheel 550. So far love it. Yeah i'l come up with a front mounted gimbal set up. But I'm still keeping my P1 & in time i'l upgrade it to a P1.5 :)

lol good man... why upgrade when you can have 2 multi's for twice the price! :D (I have done this at least 4 times myself now lol)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik