What to buy???

Reaction score
I'm looking for as much information as possible as I've never owned a quadcopter before but would like to get into the hobby. I have a gopro so I've been looking at a Phantom 2 (not the vision) but I need to know what is all possible and what isn't. I enjoy watching some of the long distance shots but I'm assuming you need a FPV device to make that happen. I'm just curious that with a Phantom 2 and gopro...what is all possible to do fpv long flights? Any information would be greatly appreciated!

yes, if you want to fly long-range, getting into FPV is the way to go.
1.2ghz is very popular for the long-distance flyers (vs the 5.8ghz that Fatshark uses)

Make sure to post the video of your cras I mean flyaway.

Honestly I would get the P2 then a cheap syma x1..etc to practice with before attempting any flights with your P2 especially long distance one's at that but that's up to you since its your money. Next step is to setup an aerial photography business :shock:

I've flown RC Planes before, for a few years before I moved to a city and just didn't have the time or the open space anymore. I agree with flying a smaller/cheaper unit before the P2. My plan is to buy the P2 and spend lots of time practicing in a nearby park doing flights where I can keep an eye on the quad, then slowly start to add new equipment to work my way to longer flights. Can anyone list a link(s) that show all the different components that someone needs to be able to eventually do long distance flights with FPV? Just trying to get an idea of what type of financial commitment this is over the next year or two. Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Hello Phantom Pilots,

I just bought my Phantom Vision Plus a got 60 FREE points using a QR code from a friend. If you want to get (free 60 points) 3 FREE pairs of propellers from the DJI Reward Club, use my DJI QR CODE before you buy your new Phantom in the DJI website shop. The link I post here came from my Phantom Vision Plus serial number code registration.

http://qr.dji.com/PH645204239

This link takes you to the DJI Reward Club point lists.

http://www.dji.com/user/faq

Cheers! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.