What to buy for average quality video?

Reaction score
Hello i am totally new here i am Massimo. I need help....
I am going to buy a phantom dji 2 and Quanum Q-2D brushless camera gimbal and i own a gopro 3 black.
Now i would like to make quite serious video for the place where i work can someone advice me what to buy to have good quality video
i need to know :
wich screen?
The transmitter plug and play but wich?
Gopro cables?
And do i need something else?
Pleas provide me links if u can

I need to know because i want to buy on line locally here is sweden the prices are ****** up!!!

it looks like you're asking questions about a FPV system so you can see live through the GoPro. and while there are many different ways to accomplish this, just want to make sure you're clear that the gopro records and stores the files locally on a memory card... so the quality of the videos you RECORD will depend on the gopro's resolution (1080, 1440, etc) and framerate (60fps, 30fps, etc) .

Installing a system for broadcasting the gopro feed live to a receiver on the ground (also know as FPV) doesn't actually have anything to do with the quality of the recordings the gopro makes. FPV is basically just for being able to see live exactly what the gopro is seeing so you can line up & frame your shots and know exactly what you're recording.
Unless you pay loads of money for hi def FPV, the video you'll see via the FPV is very low quality compared to the recordings the gopro makes.

So what I'm saying is you already have what you need to "make serious good quality video" (the gopro black), and the FPV system you install is not directly related to those videos. So now the answer to your other questions becomes.... whatever you're comfortable with.

I'm afraid my only experience is with the DJI Zenmuse gimbals H3-2D and H3-3D so I think it's best if I don't try to give further advice to you since I'm not sure how your gimbal works. With the Zenmuse gimbals, the Phantom is designed to work with them so there are cables and ports on the main board which make installing certain FPV systems easy, plug and play with some cables... but since you're not using an official DJI gimbal I'm not sure how the video signal works and I doubt there are pre-made cables that are plug-and-play with no soldering or anything

Ok ok. My plan was to buy that but if u say so i will aim at the zenmuse, what i meant for good video was the way to see trough the go pro.
Wich FPV system is easy to install and good for make good.
Because if i don t see what i film is not going to be any professional video after i fly.
Is better a screen or the glasses?if i buy for example a screen it is already all included to connect to the gopro plug and play or i will have to buy other things and become crazy opening a drone that i have never seen before? This was my question.
So i would like to know
Wich FPV system should i buy and if there is more stuff to buy.
I will make all trough internet so i need to know well what i am going to buy.

right now this thread is in the "General discussion" forum... there's an entire FPV sub-forum where this is definitely the most discussed topic.

I think if you go with a Zenmuse gimbal H3-3D, it will be easier to install since the product was specifically designed to work together.. also better for people around here to help since they are very common. You should be able to find Phantom2 with Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal bundles easily.

You are definitely correct being able to see what the camera sees live is essential to getting good shots.
Choice between goggles or a screen is really personal preference and budget. You can piece together a whole FPV kit with a transmitter, screen, antennas, cables, etc. and still be less than the cost of JUST good goggles... goggles are way more expensive than just a little receiver screen.

there are definitely several different parts that all need to work together to transmit live FPV, I will summarize them here. You will indeed have to open up the Phantom and put some things inside, but I'm going to recommend equipment that is "plug and play" so you don't have to cut/solder any wires.
you will need a transmitter for the Phantom. You should get an "ImmersionRC 600mW"... because of the next item
this item is a pre-made cable for use with the ImmersionRC 600mW, and on the page there is a video showing you exactly how easy it is to install. so check that out

now you have a transmitter linked into the video feed on the Phantom.. you need something to receive the signal on the ground you can see. Like you mentioned before you can choose goggles such as the FatShark goggles, or if you want to go with a screen, just get one with a receiver built in so the screen can natively receive the signal. Something like this

Finally, you will definitely want better antennas. The antennas that come with screens and transmitters are terrible. Again, you can go less expensive and spend $40 or $50 and get the DJI Cloverleaf antennas or such, or you can get the nicest premium antennas around like these. That kit has 1 for the transmitter and 2 antennas (an omnidirectional and a long range directional) for the receiver.

I did not shop around for best price or anything, you can do that these are just examples. If you want more info such as antenna recommendations look around the FPV forum, chat with guys in the threads there or even start your own

hope this helps
cheers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20