What the ^&%%$!!! is Wrong Now?!?

Reaction score
I got my last battery firmware upgraded a couple of weeks ago (rookie mistake) and I've been flying several times since with no problems whatsoever.

Today I go out for some training, and when I switch everything on, I get a firmware needs upgrade. OK, fine. When I click on it, it tries to start the download. But when I look at it is says Firmware Version 1.5.80!

I am currently on 1.6.40! Why the heck is my bird trying to revert back to an earlier version? When I got home and started it up in the house, I'm getting the same thing. It downloaded 1.5.80 but I haven't told it to install.

Is this an error on my part, or is DJI just messing with me? And if it's the latter, I hope I meet the programmer that did this. I'll kick a lung out of him for sure.

:mad:

PH

You are getting confused. 1.5.80 is for your controller and not the bird.

A good programmer would separate the two different programs with a large increment just to avoid this very situation. Just sayin.....

OK, I just upgraded the RC firmware, and did a reboot.It's now telling me I need a firmware update on the aircraft and the camera. Is this because of the 1.7x version that just came out?

Glad to hear everything's worked out (and yes, I've seen development teams jump through hoops to get the versions aligned). But a question about your original post: you were upgrading firmware out in the field? Were you using cellular data on your device, or hot-spot through your phone?

Glad to hear everything's worked out (and yes, I've seen development teams jump through hoops to get the versions aligned). But a question about your original post: you were upgrading firmware out in the field? Were you using cellular data on your device, or hot-spot through your phone?

When I saw it start downloading, I quickly shut the app down and packed everything in for the afternoon. It was using my cell data though. When I downloaded it just now it was still though my iPhone but connected to my wifi.

I got my last battery firmware upgraded a couple of weeks ago (rookie mistake) and I've been flying several times since with no problems whatsoever.

Today I go out for some training, and when I switch everything on, I get a firmware needs upgrade. OK, fine. When I click on it, it tries to start the download. But when I look at it is says Firmware Version 1.5.80!

I am currently on 1.6.40! Why the heck is my bird trying to revert back to an earlier version? When I got home and started it up in the house, I'm getting the same thing. It downloaded 1.5.80 but I haven't told it to install.

Is this an error on my part, or is DJI just messing with me? And if it's the latter, I hope I meet the programmer that did this. I'll kick a lung out of him for sure.

:mad:

PH

They're messing with you. I'm fairly sure you updated to the latest firmware for your controller. You'll still get that firmware note for your bird.

S

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik