What the icons mean on the app

Reaction score
cc75bdcba8b05025e910b5ad309ed626.png

Can anyone tell me what the ae and the padlock mean?

Also what does the padlock on the map mean in the bottom left hand corner?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When locked (to True North), the map won't rotate with the drone.

Tap it to toggle to show relative north.

The Eraser at the bottom right corner erases the green path drawn by the drone.

is that the same meaning for both of those padlocks i mentioned? thanks

The AE lock top right corner of the live feed is the Exposure Auto Lock.
The lens is fixed focus so it only locks the exposure.

Tapping it will help you lock the exposure to your liking when you are aiming at something before recomposing your shot.

cheers mate, ive only had my p4 for 2 days so getting to know it all. I'm a bit nervous on taking it a fair distance away incase it falls out the sky and its gone for good, are they reliable?

You are welcome and congrats!

Yes, they are.

Depending on how patient you are and how much you care, I would recommend you take your time reading the owner's manual and familiarize yourself with its controls by using the simulator if you have never flown these before.

Be sure to calibrate your IMU on a flat surface with no vibrations/ movement and also Compass away from large ferrous masses/ objects before flying.

Always wait for the "Ready to Fly" to show on your screen and double check with green LEDs on the drone before turning on the motors and taking off.

ive been reading the manual, ive calibrated the imu and compass and it shows green, (thats good??) If it loses an engine can it fly on three do you know?

Yes it is good.
You want your IMU values to be close to 0.
Calibrate your compass before flying when you have traveling significantly away from your last flight location.

Depending on circumstances you may be able to bring it down. It happened to a member on here when someone shot his drone and somehow he managed to land it.

Always inspect the drone and the blades before putting them on.

It's too long to list but some members have listed their checklist. If you feel you need one at the beginning compile your own from these search results:

Search Results for Query: checklist | DJI Phantom Drone Forum

Ok will have a look, in sport mode can you still use return to home, would you always update the rth position before taking it to the sky? Where are you based yourself? Im from the uk

Yes, RTH should work in all flight modes provided it has a lock on 6 or more satellites and home point was set properly.

Setting the RTH is done when the drone is warming up and acquiring Sat signals. You are good to fly off when LEDs are blinking green and you have the Safe to Fly on screen.

I am in California.

I haven't been to the UK in over 10 years. Do you enjoy living there?

Yeah its my home country, love it. I'm going to america next year for a holiday. Whereabout did you goto in the uk? Did you like it? Another question i have live streamed on youtube what quality is this in and can it be changed, can it only be live streamed in 720p?

I went several times a year all over for a few years. It was good, I had a good experience.

That's a good question and I don't know the answer.

I have a thread for people to post a link to their live streaming. Please let us know, would love to watch.
I may fly later on and I'll up a link if I do and live stream.

Phantom 4: post your Live Streaming link

yeah that would be cool, drop a link here so i can watch :) that would be awesome

i can see an option to change the video size but does this just apply when your filming and not live streaming?

im gonna take the drone out tomorrow so will send you the link or post it in that thread :)

Oh the video at the end of my tutorial?

I think that person was streaming FaceBook though, which I don't use.

YouTube is so-so but it's a great experiment.

Yes, let's keep links in that Live Streaming thread so we don't have to juggle different threads.

Looking forward.

yeah that's the one, when i streamed it on youtube it was very clear, but will take it out later on today at some point (12.34am here). :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik