What the Hell !!??

Reaction score
Hello guys,
the weardest thing happend to me this weekend, i was flying my drone, and went in a straight line forward for more than 10 seconds when suddenly the drone stopt and stay'd in a hover ..... From this point i was not able to control it, i tried for a while but nothing, i then switched to atti and then i got the controle back...
Did this already happend to someon ?

Thx guys

If it had gone into failsafe /return to home it would pause on station like that.
Switching to ATTI mode is how you regain control after the RTH is triggered.
I guess if you hadn't toggled the switch it would have come back and landed.

But why was the control signal lost for a while, could be a problem developing.

Failsafe ? it was like 50Meters, 100Meters MAX i already went 500 meters away without it having it in FailSafe. And if fale safe is trigered , the yellow light starts to blink right ? It was blinking green like usual.
Yeah that's what i did, i just toggled to ATTI and than back to GPS and it was ok....its just frustrating to know you can't trust your machine 100%.

DimitriL said:
its just frustrating to know you can't trust your machine 100%.

I don't think you can ever trust it 100%. I have done close to 100 flights now without a single issue, but I know the moment I get lulled into thinking it's bullet proof it will bite me in the *** and prove me wrong.

Might be the advanced receiver protection. You did not move the sticks for a while. It reads that as a lost signal-maybe.

discv said:
Might be the advanced receiver protection. You did not move the sticks for a while. It reads that as a lost signal-maybe.

Yes that's a good point, it was introduced a while back that if the same input was maintained for 10 seconds it would assume a human was not in control and something is wrong!

Yeah ! i saw a youtube video about this !
In fact after 10 seconds without moving the stick there is a security that activates itself and the drone stops. But in the video he explains that when you move the stick it understands that its a human controle it and you regain control.. This was not the case.

According to the DJI chinenglish manual, it will not quit the fail safe automatically if you were in GPS mode.

Then again, going by the manual, it looks like just about any set of conditions would activate ARP.

Turned mine off.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj