What the hell is going on with my P3S

Reaction score
Took the standard out two days in a row and both times I have lost signal (video and control at the same time) at 550 ish feet (160 meters) with a windsurfer and neither time would the drone return to home,it would just sit there and hover,I had to physically move closer to the drone for it to regain signal and only then would it start its return to home.

So is there an issue with the drone to only be able to fly such a short distance and why would it not RTH on losing signal,and yes I have got it set to return home on signal lose on the app and the area I was flying was completely open so no reason to not have a very good signal.The app was also showing 11 satellites and the drone will RTH if I initialize it myself when it is within range.

Also just to add,I have previously flown the drone over 1000 feet away from me and it didn't lose signal at all,but since the last update the range has gone bad.

Last edited:
Are you flying in a different location to previous?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Are you flying in a different location to previous?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Both times were in different locations,and both were VERY open areas.

I'm gutted as a few months ago my phantom worked 100% as it should with good range,would return to home and so on,I leave it a couple of months without use and do all the updates and now I've got a list of problems,such as -

Poor range
Will not return to home
YouTube live stream is missing from android app
Will not change from 4:3 to 16:9 ratio in the go app as it should

The more I think about it the more I believe it's dji updates that have caused all these issues,probably their way of getting people to upgrade to the phantom 4

Both times were in different locations,and both were VERY open areas.

I'm gutted as a few months ago my phantom worked 100% as it should with good range,would return to home and so on,I leave it a couple of months without use and do all the updates and now I've got a list of problems,such as -

Poor range
Will not return to home
YouTube live stream is missing from android app
Will not change from 4:3 to 16:9 ratio in the go app as it should

The more I think about it the more I believe it's dji updates that have caused all these issues,probably their way of getting people to upgrade to the phantom 4
Well, at least tell us what you're running.

OTOH, it could be just that it's a complex system that isn't terribly well designed. It's a really, really good thing that DJI doesn't make large aircraft.....

I would round up the usual suspects: Reboot the tablet / phone. Swap our the RC to tablet cable. Look at the P3 and RC for dangling bits. Rebind the P3 to RC. Reinstall the DJI GO app (easy).

Secondary measures: Reinstall the recent "upgrades" paying strict attention to The Proper Sequence (including the pentagram, people forget that one). Try to go back the One Approved version. Try other RC / P3 combos if you have access. This, of course, could be the time to get ANOTHER P3 for 'testing purposes'. As good an excuse as any.

Reactions: dirtybum
Well, at least tell us what you're running.

OTOH, it could be just that it's a complex system that isn't terribly well designed. It's a really, really good thing that DJI doesn't make large aircraft.....

I would round up the usual suspects: Reboot the tablet / phone. Swap our the RC to tablet cable. Look at the P3 and RC for dangling bits. Rebind the P3 to RC. Reinstall the DJI GO app (easy).

Secondary measures: Reinstall the recent "upgrades" paying strict attention to The Proper Sequence (including the pentagram, people forget that one). Try to go back the One Approved version. Try other RC / P3 combos if you have access. This, of course, could be the time to get ANOTHER P3 for 'testing purposes'. As good an excuse as any.

What do you mean by what am I running ?

I think he means what firmware version your running on the bird and app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair