Reaction score
What the hell is DJI Lightbridge one?

Released today on the play store.

However this works, it has the following connection modes (to get it going):

Smart Mode -> ISM, Non-ISM or All Channel
Video Standalone -> Channels 1-32
Broadcast Host -> Channels 1-32
Broadcast Slave -> Channels 1-32

All options return the message "Send failed, please try again".

http://play.google.com/store/apps/detai ... .dji.video

qu3MswKiWVLrpxK55Uqz7DJ0jPJ8Osjy_9CJGW7KumfF2qqYE5HokgiHuDpEYQUcRg=h900-rw

Bïlly said:
What the hell is DJI Lightbridge one?

Released today on the play store.

However this works, it has the following connection modes (to get it going):

Smart Mode -> ISM, Non-ISM or All Channel
Video Standalone -> Channels 1-32
Broadcast Host -> Channels 1-32
Broadcast Slave -> Channels 1-32

All options return the message "Send failed, please try again".

http://play.google.com/store/apps/detai ... .dji.video

qu3MswKiWVLrpxK55Uqz7DJ0jPJ8Osjy_9CJGW7KumfF2qqYE5HokgiHuDpEYQUcRg=h900-rw

Hmmm looks interesting, but I can't find any info about it, not even on DJI's website. :roll:

Looks like a WiFi FPV solution.
I wonder if they're looking to release a WiFi sender that plugs in to the iOSD.

Google Translation of the first line:
DJI 2014's first nuclear weapons launch countdown - Full HD digital image transmission Lightbridge

What it looks like:

Combination control/video groundstation, video transmission and rc control combined into a single digital 2.4ghz signal (no clunky 2.4/5.8 like the Vision).

Real-time 1080p digital output through HDMI and USB (possibly downscaled through USB)

Connections for two TXs - one for control and one for gimbal/camera control (2-man AP/AV setup)

1-mile range for both (combined signal)

Transmitter/receiver on both groundstation and copter ends, so telemetry from the NAZA/A2 is sent back to the groundstation (as with the Vision) for OSD/logging.

Super-exciting. The main questions for us mere mortals:

Cost?
Video-in options? HDMI through GoPro?
Size and power consumption of the replacement copter-size RX and antenna
What TXs are compatible with it? Can a Phantom TX be modified to work with it?

Since this is designed for hexes in the first place, I bet it'll be too big\heavy for Phantoms unfortunately.

Well there's always v2.0

If this is what people think it is (control and video + telemetry), then it's going to be a game changer.

LeoS said:
Since this is designed for hexes in the first place, I bet it'll be too big\heavy for Phantoms unfortunately.

Well there's always v2.0

Well, it's essentially just a Vision on steroids. Is the full functionality going to be practical for Phantoms? No way. But is the rx/tx/antenna module going to be, say, <100g? It could definitely be, which means it would be possible to install it on a Phantom and replace your rx and vtx, and hook up to a 2-axis gimbal instead of springing for a 300g 3-axis.

ElGuano said:
LeoS said:

Well there's always v2.0

Well, it's essentially just a Vision on steroids. Is the full functionality going to be practical for Phantoms? No way. But is the rx/tx/antenna module going to be, say, <100g? It could definitely be, which means it would be possible to install it on a Phantom and replace your rx and vtx, and hook up to a 2-axis gimbal instead of springing for a 300g 3-axis.

Heck yeah I lust for one too...

But if you see how big its normal HDMI plug compares to the smaller unit (vs the ground station looking one), it seems that the smaller unit probably measures... 12x7cm?

And it's gotta run **** hot too... its whole body looks like a metal heatsink, on top of the fan...

LeoS said:

But if you see how big its normal HDMI plug compares to the smaller unit (vs the ground station looking one), it seems that the smaller unit probably measures... 12x7cm?

And it's gotta run **** hot too... its whole body looks like a metal heatsink, on top of the fan...

You're absolutely right, for some reason I didn't want to believe that 5lb fanned brick was the part mounted to the copter. Maybe version 2 will be a bit more compact :)

ElGuano said:
LeoS said:

You're absolutely right, for some reason I didn't want to believe that 5lb fanned brick was the part mounted to the copter. Maybe version 2 will be a bit more compact :)

lol, i know you're gonna be the guy to buy one, strip it bare and encase it in some sort of short term coolant material to make it work on a phantom =P We may have to refill\reapply the coolant for each flight, but.. hey.. for science, right :mrgreen:

Or wintertime.

Pull_Up said:
If you look in the "More from Developer" section underneath you'll see the official Vision app and the official FC40 app... It's definitely the DJI (they may have made a subsidiary to do the app development, hence the slight difference in name).

I see. Thx.

LeoS said:

Update: looks like the copter-mounted portion is only 70g. That's less than a GoPro. And it's only twice as much as a lighter VTX with cp antenna. PLUS, if we want to get optimistic, because it replaces the VTX you probably already have, as well as your receiver, it's effective weight is less than 30g. Several VTXs have active fan cooling, including the avl58, so I don't think that's automatically a wattage deal breaker.

In other words, depending on everything else, this thing may be back on the table for the insaner phantom owners :)

In that case... In for one!

I just wish DJI implements adaptive bitrate so they can maintain the connection better in long range; and it can also serve as a warning for the user that the signals are getting weaker and about to drop.

Here you go !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1JUGcg ... ata_player

DJI Lightbridge is DJI upcoming 2.4G full high-definition digital video transmission system, the maximum transmission 1920 * 1080p @ 30fps full HD video data, measured the effective transmission distance up to 1.7km , is a professional aerial photography and FPV enthusiasts essential artifact!

First, the characteristics

· 2.4G Full HD digital transmission
- Digital video transmission, input supports up to 1920 * 1080 @ 60fps , output up to 1920 * 1080 @ 30fps ;

· distance
- Use 2.4G RF technology, transmitting power 100mw (CE and FCC certification);
- Ground terminal with 5dbi omni-directional antenna (standard), measured the effective transmission distance of 1.7km (1.05mile);
- Ground terminal with 14dbi directional antenna (optional), measured the effective transmission distance up to 5km (3.1mile);

• Multiple video input and output formats
- AV input;
- HDMI input;

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31