What the HELL is a NOTAM or TFM?

Reaction score
What the HELL is a NOTAM or TFR?

Don't know? Watch this video to find out some basic info
about the FAA's NOTAM and TFR announcements.

Great info for anyone flying in the RC hobby.
info about TFR or NOTAMs below.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Here's the rub. The video you've posted is almost ten minutes long. The unfortunate thing here in America is that most people want the "Cliff's Notes" version.

I know. Frustrating to say the least. But thank you for trying.

**** good video. Unfortunately, as BlackHawk said, the generation that needs it most will likely pass over it. The very reason a knowledge test will be part of any future UAV operator certification process. "We just want to fly fast and high, none of that dang book lernin'."

Great question Dronecamps. What is a NOTAM and a TFR? I believe they are a "Notice to airmen" (No sexual BS intended... I didn't write it.) and "Temporary Flight Restrictions"

This subject should be a STICKY. It's really important stuff we should all know, if we fly in the US.

If you join the AMA, you can receive emails describing TFRs in your area. Since joining, I have received emails about a few TFRs near me such as ones issued for the Daytona 500.

really? Can you give me the link?

You can begin here.

You can also use this site for civilian matters.

Once you figure out your specific area, you can then create a bookmark to check on published NOTAM's and TFR's for that area.

Just be aware of one thing. Special Operations aircraft do not generate either notification unless such is published well in advance. Here in my neck of the woods, such flights are too numerous and frequent to generate such notifications.

You can begin here.

You can also use this site for civilian matters.

Once you figure out your specific area, you can then create a bookmark to check on published NOTAM's and TFR's for that area.

Just be aware of one thing. Special Operations aircraft do not generate either notification unless such is published well in advance. Here in my neck of the woods, such flights are too numerous and frequent to generate such notifications.
oh, I know how to check NOTAMS, BH, have a pilot license, just wanted to access the site TW mentioned above to get on the email list for NOTAMS.

Ah. Sorry then. I'd have to check the latter site to see if emailed notifications are included.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31