What takes so long to ship?

Reaction score
There are more different companies or dealers that sell RC equipement than you can count. Any of them I have delt with or at least investigated in what was being sold, they have a long delay before they actually ship out the item you purchased. Would you guess this is because most, if not all of them, are small businesses and just do not have the number of employees need to get stuff out the door fast? Or is it just a ton of work setting up international shipments?

I think it depends on the business. I think it takes a long time for some businesses because they use the cheapest possible shipping method. That method may involve an item going half way around the world to save money. Take Banggood for example. If you have tracking on something you've bought, it can sometimes go to more places then you've been before it gets to you, lol.

Agree with it going aound and round with the shipper. Question was the business taking so long to get it out their door.

Could be that the companies don't actually stock the item and "drop ship" from the manufacturer.

phenom3030 said:
Could be that the companies don't actually stock the item and "drop ship" from the manufacturer.
Good thought. I can see that. The business takes one day to gather up all the orders. The next day to tell the manufacturer. They take two days to box it up and get it to shipping company.
One thing for sure, they are not Amazon that works 24-7 and gets it out NOW!

Happyflyer said:
phenom3030 said:
Good thought. I can see that. The business takes one day to gather up all the orders. The next day to tell the manufacturer. They take two days to box it up and get it to shipping company.

I definitely enjoy that about Amazon. Free two day shipping with their Prime subscription, multiple shipping warehouses. just think, when they get their drone delivery program running. We'll have drones delivering our drone parts! And fast! :D

phenom3030 said:
Happyflyer said:

I definitely enjoy that about Amazon. Free two day shipping with their Prime subscription, multiple shipping warehouses. just think, when they get their drone delivery program running. We'll have drones delivering our drone parts! And fast! :D
That will be interesting IF it ever happens. A multirotor device that flies as far as it would have to, not hit anything, deliver, and make it back to "Home." That would be interesting to see.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic