What Sort Of Magnifier Do You Guys Use For Working On These Sorts Of Things?

Reaction score
I'm not interested in commercial quality but rather something to work on mine along with similar tasks and keep both hands free. What are you using, suggestions and considerations opinions ect.....?

Reactions: dirkclod
When I was doing all the work with the P2's I had to wear a Jewelers magnifiers headband . Worked great for me and you can get em at lots of places. E-Bay, Amazon etc .These not them but look like these . just flip em up when I didn't need em .
And welcome to the forum
0ROJYyg.png

Screen Shot 2018-06-01 at 7.48.31 AM.png

Thanks for the info. I see HF has something similar. I haven’t looked at them in hand but the net view is similar and reviews are generally very positive. Any opinions on those?
Personally I’d rather work on most anything than this drone as it’s all so miniaturized. Of course that darned tree reached right out............I was having so much fun chasing the horses around the field that I never noticed they were getting over but the treeline. Whoops.

I have some Bausch & Lomb magnifiers that I don't see on Amazon anymore. But I do see about 2309349 different other versions of the same concept.

Some thoughts - get ones with various magnification lenses. Sometimes you want a little, sometimes you want a lot. Get ones with a nice, bright LED light. It's surprising how much really good lighting helps.

Reactions: dirkclod
I’m starting to appreciate that. I’ve wrenched on everything under the sun sinc e the 70s and never Saw anything as painful to deal with as those miniatureized plugs boards and wires. Working with tweezers as pliers is a whole new world.

Having worked with small electronics since I was a child (when 'small' was a discrete transistor) I've found the transition to getting into my 60's annoying but tolerable.

Good magnification and good lighting are key. A *comfortable* hands free magnifier is absolutely indispensable. A variety of mounting options is also helpful:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Q2TTQEE/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076JBY39Q/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And similar.

I just look at it as another excuse to buy more tools!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1