What should the Channels screen look like?

Reaction score
So aside from the DJI Go app showing me these blackouts, I'm also having problems with seeing any channels on the channel screen...what should the channel screen look like? Should it be obvious once it's auto-chosen a channel which channel it is? I flew today and still had these blackouts show up in the flight log on a couple of the flights from today. When I got home and tried in the spare block next door, I was getting a lot of blackouts on the screen - I could attribute that to being in a rural town but I've never had these issues in the same area prior to FW 1.7, Go App 2.7.1...and it was happening before the IOS 9.3.1. I've seen these blackouts on both my iPhone 6+ and now my Mini 4.

If a channel can't be found, what's the most likely explanation? I've seen the lack of channels even in the open countryside.

8cd680bfd52bb3871e007eaaae58e5fd.jpg

IMG_0002.PNG

IMG_0003.PNG

IMG_0004.PNG

Last edited:
I just tried it out with my iPad Air 2 and a different cable, same issue - and although in the main screen my video link has full bars, and I'm not getting any Image Transmission Error notices, I'm still getting this - does this have any relation to the Channels section or is it totally separate? My channels don't seem to show any fixed channel at all, is that normal?

IMG_0119.PNG

Have you deleted the app, rebooted the tablet and downloaded the app again? Back up your flight log first if you need. Tried hardware decode on or off?

Have you deleted the app, rebooted the tablet and downloaded the app again?

Well, I first noticed it on my iPhone 6+...and then I got an iPad Mini 4, which I wiped clean and did a fresh install of the app on that, but the same issue is presenting itself.

Tried hardware decode on or off?

Just spoke via chat to a DJI rep...basically was told to calibrate the IMU and gimbal (which I did after installing FW 1.7 recently) and to relink the RC. They said these channel screenshots were not right, that there should be some info there. Also told me to borrow an Android device to check that but I can't, all our devices are Apple.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20