What should DJI do for the P5?

Reaction score
I've only had my P4 for a few weeks but I must say that I love it. It worked out of the box as expected and has proven to work as hoped for in every way. I have one single problem, the tilted horizon; everything else about this baby just delivers. However, obviously, things can get better.

Without getting crazy, we need to consider that this is a business and things cost money and if it's too expensive few will upgrade. And things you put in your main product have to benefit the largest number of users, not just answering a niche.

So, what are you Most looking for in whatever next model, presumably the Phantom 5, will be?

For me, and let me clear the obvious ones out so we don't all mention them:
Faster & Further - duh!

I'd like the ability to click off a photo while video is running.
Smart Automatic Landing: if above water, do not land, hover at 2 meters until, literally, battery failure, but do not automatically land in water.
Higher resolution Photos
Higher ISO (6400?) should be available in both video and photo.
Add Rear Obstacle Detection
Improved Obstacle Detection and Avoidance
Send charging power to Android/iDevice from controller (bigger battery if necessary), switchable
Optional OEM Water Landing "feet"

Semi-Related: Not an upgrade but a demand:
FIX the horizon tilt - this is class action category annoying DJI, hello?!

Reactions: Mike_Flys
Larger and improved sensor
Better lens
Higher bitrate material - from 4K 60mbit/s to 4K 100mbit

/thread?

Reactions: KevMo Photog
Industry consortium designed universal camera/gimbal mount with SDK and open-sourced.

An included entry-level camera-gimbal with 5x optical zoom and true 100m 4k support. Rotatable via a transmitter knob. Micro 4/3 would be nice since it's already an industry standard and interchangeable lenses are a must for longevity and flexibility.

Retractable gear that isn't built like an afterthought/toy.

Intel RealSense Technology.

It would be really nice if it cooked pizza, but that may be adding a bit much for a one generational change.

You asked. :)

Reactions: Drone Biker
1. Water resistance for getting caught in the rain
2. 360 degree camera
3. Zoom camera option
4. Retractable gear (see number 2)
5, Higher ISO

Reactions: G Lee
1. Longer battery time
2. Larger aperture lens
3. Better dynamic range
4. Better noise handling at high ISO
5. Less moire / CA
6. Higher bit rate recording
7. Built in changeable Nd filters, controlled in the air via the app
8. Less audible noise ( not a biggy but nice for wedding / event photography)

Better battery and upgraded camera I would be happy with...

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Motor mounting onto metal or something which doesn't cause cracking, especially when screws are simply "over tightened" a bit or removed and replaced often.

Not necessary but maybe a small screen on the RC similar to the Autel unit.

HDMI on RC from factory.

A pro version with a body made of aluminum or CF. If CF, it should still have robust motor screw points.

Have the ability to accept higher capacity batteries.

Make batteries cheaper by making them dumb, and then have a "smart" accessory included which quickly attaches to battery for status so batteries are cheaper, lighter and more capacity.

I note that the vast majority of requests are for camera upgrades. This is actually something pretty simple for DJI as it's a bolt on piece separate from everything involving flight/battery.

I'd love to see a carbon fiber body as an option - stronger and lighter. It'll be expensive, sure, but... less weight = more stable, longer flight, less weight to float. Rain sealed would be nice, too.

I get the need for CSC, but don't understand why there isn't the ability to turn the motors back on just as quickly, in case it was by accident.

Really better idea: Make the entire camera/gimble mount an open specification. This way others can sell their camera/gimble setups as plugs ins. DJI can sell multi versions too.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20