What role does 3G/4G data play with our drones?

Reaction score
Is mobile data required in any way to fly our Phantoms (I have the 4). My tablet does have a mobile data account, but what if you had a tablet without mobile data. What purpose does mobile data play when it comes to our drones? Thanks all!

Is mobile data required in any way to fly our Phantoms (I have the 4). My tablet does have a mobile data account, but what if you had a tablet without mobile data. What purpose does mobile data play when it comes to our drones? Thanks all!
None at all.
Your Phantom doesn't use any cell phone signal or data.
Many flyers use wifi only tablets (myself included) with no loss of function at all.

Map refresh in the field. This can be easily managed by caching prior to heading out. As can syncing logs with DJI, healthy drones etc.

iPad design is very funny, unless you have iPad with cellular, it doesn't provide GPS. If we just want to fly phantom, we don't need GPS, neither data. We need this if we want RC to know our location for. Retain functions. Also if we need live maps on flying sites, then we need tablet to have internet connection to get it. Also if we need live feed to YouTube, Facebook.... then we need data

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20