What range should I stay away from a school, Heliport?

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I live in Massachusetts, I d'like to know what range should I stay away from a schools, hospital, Heliport? I need to practice and I'm finding it difficult to find a good spot. I am thinking to fly below 30 feet. I know the airport rules, but if I'm out of his reach, can I fly near those areas that I mentioned?
Thanks!

Greetings!!!! I suggest You download this app called drone buddy , It will tell you all the info about no fly zones that you need to know , I believe You can fly around those places BUT you must first submit a request to the F.A.A !

Airmap will give you contact info:
Home - AirMap

Unless you are a 107 pilot there is no need to contact the FAA. Try to contact the heliport to inform them of your intent to fly. Most will be happy you called and say "Fly On"

Reactions: Chipmun2
Airmap will give you contact info:
Home - AirMap

Unless you are a 107 pilot there is no need to contact the FAA. Try to contact the heliport to inform them of your intent to fly. Most will be happy you called and say "Fly On"
Yeah, good luck with AirMap or any of the phone numbers listed there. I have been averaging 8 out of 10 phone numbers for various Airfields, Helipads and other highlighted areas to be disconnected, not a business number or is answered by an employee of that facility who has nothing to do with aircraft or airspace. For example, the Hospital I work at has a phone number listed which rings to the Maintenance Supervisor's desk. If he's not at his desk he doesn't get the call. I have called other nearby heliports, including a neighboring hospital and most of the numbers give me the "The number you reached is not in service" robo-message. Even calling the ATC number at the local Class C metro airport gets you gets you a voicemail message after "normal business hours" on Mon-Fri. Since many of my flights are on weekends I have to make sure to use the "alternate" phone number when I fell like giving ATC a heads up. And none of the numbers cover the recent problems I've had dodging a helo which has been flying in low and landing in a vacant lot next to a survey company a block away from the hospital I fly for. This isn't a marked helopad, just a square of grass next to a office building. How the heck am I supposed to know this guy is going to suddenly pop up and how am I supposed to know to notify the office he's landing at?
Until AirMap actually sends the data I enter to the nearest ATC tower which can then give local aircraft a heads up that I'm operating in a particular area, I have begun to think of it as nothing more than a hassle.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic