What range are you getting?

Reaction score
What range are you guys getting on your p4ps? I've been saving up for a long time now, and if I can finally get my dirt bike sold today I'm ordering one. I'm hoping for atleast a mile and a half in cluttered areas, as they advertised 4 miles.

I have been out more than 2 miles at 200ft with perfect video feed and no loss of signal with iPad Pro 9.7.

I was in the desolate Arizona desert the last three days and was only getting about 7500 feet away at 100 feet above launch point before experiencing loss of screen display and some other issues.

I did nut up and fly it over the Colorado river right before you get in the Grand Canyon park... its landed safe and in my bag and I'm still nervous from it [emoji23]

Reactions: AyeYo
I've been over 3 miles out. Heavily forested area and lots of hilly terrain
f5d8ae4fa2cb18cbf5ba005964b627b7.jpg

So i'm not gonna shock anyone here but with all default settings my P4 used to go out about 3,500-4,500 feet from my front door over an area saturated with residential and commercial wifi. My P4P made it 7,500 feet and the only reason I didn't go out farther is because I had to fight the wind on the way home and already had been flying for a while.

So, for me in my area, it is EASILY twice as capable as my P4 was with default settings and no range extenders/mods/etc.

What range are you guys getting on your p4ps? I've been saving up for a long time now, and if I can finally get my dirt bike sold today I'm ordering one. I'm hoping for atleast a mile and a half in cluttered areas, as they advertised 4 miles.
Trust me you won't get that mile and a half in cluttered areas or areas that arent as level or where you have some tree coverage either. But it's dang good though. Altitude is your friend. Higher the better up to 400 of course. But I've been out 2 1/2 with no problem as long as you have a line of sight to bird. You can use some cheap reflectors on your antenna and that will help focus signal a tad. Maybe 20% better. Or you can upgrade your controller with an Elite Max antenna which is gonna void your warranty. I've been totally happy with range on mine but I'm not interested in going over a couple miles at all for my location.You'll love it i'm sure.

I was in the desolate Arizona desert the last three days and was only getting about 7500 feet away at 100 feet above launch point before experiencing loss of screen display and some other issues.

The 100ft AGL is your issue. From what I've read, 30 degrees of separation between craft and ground to operator is ideal for signal. At 7500ft you'd have to be waaay up to hit that.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1