what phantom has the best features

Reaction score
I beat my fc40 into an early grave.
i'd like telemetry and a preprogrammed flight path capability
comments and suggestions on what to buy?

It depends entirely on 1. Your budget 2. what quality camera you'd like.

I own a P3P and it's a dream to fly and provides crystal clear 4k imagary.

However the advanced version is still brilliant with a HD camera able to provide most with what they are looking for as 99% of people don't routinely watch 4k resolution...

EDIT: when taking the specifications into account the P3S isn't worth the slightly lower price than the P3A - take the jump to the P3A unless you can find a bargain price for the P3S

Last edited:
The P3A or P3P (if you have no budget).

the logical choice would be the standard version would it not?
I guess it depends on what the OP wants. The P3A/P3P does not use Wi-Fi, has double the range, a better remote controller, a remote controller holder that can accommodate a tablet, GPS & GLONASS... and a better camera too. See all of the differences here.

The only real reason to buy the standard would be if that's all someone's budget supports. This is an expensive hobby though, so it's probably not a good hobby for someone who can barely afford a P3S.

I guess it depends on what the OP wants. The P3A/P3P does not use Wi-Fi, has double the range, a better remote controller, a remote controller holder that can accommodate a tablet, GPS & GLONASS... and a better camera too.
All very good points - probably the P3A at least then with those flight systems

I guess it depends on what the OP wants. The P3A/P3P does not use Wi-Fi, has double the range, a better remote controller, a remote controller holder that can accommodate a tablet, GPS & GLONASS... and a better camera too. See all of the differences here.

The only real reason to buy the standard would be if that's all someone's budget supports. This is an expensive hobby though, so it's probably not a good hobby for someone who can barely afford a P3S.
so the budget thing...it will probably cost me a divorce..but you cant make an omelette......
now..keep in mind I came out of an fc40. you said it dosent use a wifi....what does it use?
does it have on screen telemetry?
there are so many places that talk about these..but the hard cold facts are hard to dig out

Click the comparison page linked above, it really puts things into perspective. Msinger is right this is an expensive hobby! I'm still having to justify my initial outlay with the fiance!

I am new too, but did research quite a bit before purchasing a P3A...

The P3A and P3P use a proprietary transmission system called "Lightbridge" that gives those quads twice the range of a P3S using traditional Wi-Fi. You are also getting GPS AND GLONASS with the P3A and P3P and a vision positioning module. Also, P3A and P3P have a superior transmitter unit.

The question of purchasing P3P vs P3A centers on whether you want/need a 4k camera, but I couldn't recommend the purchase of a P3S for the small price savings over a P3A given its limitations. It is really closer in specs to a P2V+. If I were to purchase a P3S it would be because I found a very good deal on one that significantly broadened the price distance from the P3A.

does it have on screen telemetry?
Yes. It looks like this:

IMG_1328.jpg

Click the comparison page linked above, it really puts things into perspective. Msinger is right this is an expensive hobby! I'm still having to justify my initial outlay with the fiance!

Expensive? You're not kidding! At the time I got my P2 Non-Vision I could barely afford it, got it because I already had a GoPro. After all of the FPV stuff I've put into it lately, I probably could afford a P3P at this point!! Which makes me wish I waited to buy, but oh well....

Reactions: stargater07
You guys should have been around a few years ago when the P1 $1000 gimbal $700 plus all the extras for FPV . The cost of the P3P is low for what all you get .

Don't forget that its not just the initial outlay of the Phantom. You also need to take into account spare props, a case, spare batteries, a tablet (unless you use your mobile phone) etc.

I would say that I have spent an extra £400-450 over and above the price of my P3A.

However, once these items have been purchased, the overall running costs are very low

I'd go with the p3a. that's what I have and love it. if you don't NEED 4K then I would just get the p3a.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31