What P3S range do you experience?

Reaction score
Just wondering how other flyers do range-wise with a P3S. I can rarely fly beyond 500M/1500 feet without loss of signal and RTH. In addition to your experiences, what can extend range?

Thanks.

Just wondering how other flyers do range-wise with a P3S. I can rarely fly beyond 500M/1500 feet without loss of signal and RTH. In addition to your experiences, what can extend range?

Thanks.
First off it really depends on where you are flying, it's a big issue with the Standard. If you're flying in an urban or suburban area that's normal. If you're a bit away, say at the town park then maybe 750m tops. If you're in the middle of nowhere like farms or open fields, then 1000m is about it.

Once you have some air time and are feeling bored at the 500 to 1000m range. Yes there's a few things you can buy to mod your setup. And this depend on how much you want to spend, and how comfortable you are with doing a hardware mod to your RC. I have the DBS antenna ($109) mod myself and have gotten to 1700m so far. But there's folks that double that with this mod. For me being that's just over one mile, I'm happy.

2500 feet with stock set up in semi urban area.
3300 feet with Chinese panels and taller 5.8 rod in exact same semi urban.
4900 feet with Chinese setup at former airport. Clear line of sight.
No matter how far you go it's not enough. Until you exceed the battery.

Reactions: CWK
I can get anything between 250m and 1250m depending on where I am, and this is in CE mode in the UK. Location is everything, no wifi or phone masts etc makes a huge difference!

The controller needs to be in a WiFi free area as it is the receiver.
The bird needs to be in a 5.8 free area.

What firmware are you on? I am on 1.2.4 I get out a mile or so, sometimes 1.5. I'm in the country no other wifi around.

I can only get about 900m with a dbs mod :(. Granted I used to be getting 400m so it doubled my range but id still like to go much farther, I am however flying in a field that my backyard backs up to so there for sure is interference. But I also flew over a lake with no wifi interference and only got about 1000m?

I can only get about 900m with a dbs mod :(. Granted I used to be getting 400m so it doubled my range but id still like to go much farther, I am however flying in a field that my backyard backs up to so there for sure is interference. But I also flew over a lake with no wifi interference and only got about 1000m?
Keep in mind that if you're on CE mode the P3S is only rated at 500m, so 1000m is double that from just an antenna change. Guess you next move could be a booster mod or a FCC mod (if you're brave).

Last edited:
When I'm at home I'm lucky to get 700 feet but I live in the woods and have a ton of trees surrounding my house. If I get to an open area I've seen 2200' but I've never gone past that. The drone is still new and I'm getting used to it. I don't really feel like pushing my luck.

Keep in mind that if you're on CE mode the P3S is only rated at 500m, so 1000m is double that from just an antenna change. Guess you next move could be a booster mod or a FCC mod (if you're brave).
Unfortunately I'm already FCC but the app I use seems to determine how far I go as well. In Litchi I can get about 1000ft, and in DJI GO I can get 2000-2300

Unfortunately I'm already FCC but the app I use seems to determine how far I go as well. In Litchi I can get about 1000ft, and in DJI GO I can get 2000-2300
So I guess you're in the states than. I'm in Pa and in a suburban area with the DBS I'm getting between 700m and 1000m, before the mod maybe 500m to 700m. Now out in the farm lands I'll get between 1300m and 1700m so far with the mod, and before up to 1000m. I'm on FW 1.6.8, which are you on?

I bought a range extender on amazon called SKYREAT copper parabolic antenna range booster. Before using it I was getting weak signals anywhere from 400-1500 feet. After using it I got 3200 feet no problem. I haven't had a chance yet to attempt to get a max distance out of it.

I bought a range extender on amazon called SKYREAT copper parabolic antenna range booster. Before using it I was getting weak signals anywhere from 400-1500 feet. After using it I got 3200 feet no problem. I haven't had a chance yet to attempt to get a max distance out of it.

I paid $15
I bought a range extender on amazon called SKYREAT copper parabolic antenna range booster. Before using it I was getting weak signals anywhere from 400-1500 feet. After using it I got 3200 feet no problem. I haven't had a chance yet to attempt to get a max distance out of it.[/QUO

Oh you brave souls... I flew Fanny out to 100 meters the other day, panicked a bit and was relieved when it came back again lol

Reactions: Storm
Just over a mile with the Itelite DBS 01 mod. Still had signal, but turned back.

What firmware are you on? I am on 1.2.4 I get out a mile or so, sometimes 1.5. I'm in the country no other wifi around.

My set up is weird, one minute it says I'm up to date, the next it's telling me I need to update, and shows I'm on 1.2.4.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj