What is this?

Reaction score
Just unboxed my P4, noticed a thin piece of (reddish/orange) plastic underneath the gimbal (just left of the letter T on picture), I'm presuming this is packing? Can I remove it?

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1458317368.581061.jpg

Ribbon cable that powers camera and returns signal from camera to the P4

No, not the ribbon cable. Look carefully at my picture (just left of my text) you can see a reddish orange piece of plastic dropping down directly underneath the top part of the gimbal.. It's a thin piece of circular plastic that runs underneath it.. Looks like packing to me?!

It's garbage. Remove and toss it.

Last edited:
Yea, never the ball-bearings.

In my opinion, you'll void your warranty if you remove it, I also believe it will adversely affect flight telemetry and CPU algorithms. Be very careful!

Reactions: Bleedin Iris Photog
If its package ,would it say please remove like the one's on the front sensors?

For what it's worth, I didn't have stickers on my sensors. But, had the little orange sticker that the OP is talking about.

I've already taken it off and thrown it away. Haven't seen any adverse affects.

On most videos on YouTube of unbox in of phantom 4, most had please remove before flexible stickers on forward sensors

Check out unboxing videos on YouTube and see if you can see the sticker you mentioned in the picture, and see if they remove it?

If its package ,would it say please remove like the one's on the front sensors?
I also removed the stickers from the top of the arms, the battery charger, remote controller, etc. Nothing in the package told me to do that either though.

Just unboxed my P4, noticed a thin piece of (reddish/orange) plastic underneath the gimbal (just left of the letter T on picture), I'm presuming this is packing? Can I remove it?

View attachment 47631
Ok so I just checked and I have the exact same thing. It looks like a piece of protective film with a little removal tab (the part in red). Seems like an odd place for this on the bottom of the gimbal mount. Not sure what this is protecting...

It seems like a rock hard piece of chewing gum some 12 year old put there in the chinese factory, as a SOS sign.
Carefully inspect it, there is a message inside written on microfilm.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik