What is this missing component?

Reaction score
Can you identify this missing part and tell me where I can get another one in the UK?

Attachments

• 1463899650689.jpg
    1463899650689.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 498
DJI does not sell that part. I suspect they will tell you the same if you contact them about it. Maybe check with some shops that repair Phantoms to see if they have any spares laying around.

This little cover coming off seems to be getting more common. Maybe all of us with P4's should look into possibly better securing them in place before loss.
All 4 legs of the bird have this access cover. Perhaps a little swipe of clear fingernail polish might do the trick or a small piece of clear tape might do it.

Reactions: Norval
Same suggestion that I gave in the other similar post:
Get once of each side, copy them with a 3D Printer, make a small quantity, and sell them for 4-5 $ a piece!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Drone Master
It happened to mine and I had to buy complete landing gear ! Stupid - this is a weak point and should be a spare -but hey why should I advise a Chinese billionaire who resides over the worst customer service in the world or at least in Europe who think Fly always are acceptable if you buy another with 25% discount !

Finger nail polish - guys? Get real this is a manufacturing fault - let them know!

That's very obvious, however it is only a few at this point and DJI will only consider it when it becomes a major issue and offer the part to be available. In the mean time, we can only try to prevent from loosing the cover by knowing it is a possibility that they can fall off. It could even be caused by a sudden jolt of the craft or hard landing etc. There is nothing wrong with trying to be preventive. How you choose to do so, is strictly your choice. It has already been addressed to DJI and is already adjusted in the extrusion process.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1