What is this access through the remote case for?

Reaction score
As above Gentlepeople,

What is this access to a trim pot for? It seems to be close to the trimpot for the gimbal tilt.

Thanks in advance

mark

Attachments

• Whats this.jpg
    Whats this.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 535
Hello,
That access, is the potentiometer, to change from ( CE to FCC ) modes.

CE= conformite europeenne ( French for / European conformity. )

FCC= federal communication commission.

CE mode gives you a lower power range output on your remote, giving you about 300 meter range ( Europe standards )

FCC mode gives you a greater power output on remote, giving you approx 500 meter range ( USA standards )

If your remote is in CE mode, you'll get 1 beep when turned on.
If your remote is in FCC mode, you'll het 2 beeps when turned on.

Hope this helps!
Take care, Fly safe!
J Dot

Thanks to you both for the replies! I'm on a P2 Non Vision, and i get 2 beeps when I boot up...which I didn't get before I played with the trim pot.

I'm in Scotland, so I assume the P2 is restricted to 300m?...so should I switch back to the 1 beep position on the remote? Or won't it effect anything?

Thanks guys!

mark

J Dot said:
Hello,
That access, is the potentiometer, to change from ( CE to FCC ) modes.

CE= conformite europeenne ( French for / European conformity. )

FCC= federal communication commission.

CE mode gives you a lower power range output on your remote, giving you about 300 meter range ( Europe standards )

FCC mode gives you a greater power output on remote, giving you approx 500 meter range ( USA standards )

If your remote is in CE mode, you'll get 1 beep when turned on.
If your remote is in FCC mode, you'll het 2 beeps when turned on.

Hope this helps!
Take care, Fly safe!
J Dot
I think all this is P2 Type specific.
The ranges will probably differ for P2 Vision v P2 non vision because the frequencies are different.
The beeps are different, My P2 non vision in CE mode does 3 beeps.

Thanks Hughie.

If I understand this correctly...Maybe I should switch back to the CE setting. Maybe I'm transmitting a stronger signal that I need to that the P2 doesn't require and I'm draining my remote batteries sooner?

Nonsense?

Thanks

mark

vintageb3 said:
Thanks Hughie.

If I understand this correctly...Maybe I should switch back to the CE setting. Maybe I'm transmitting a stronger signal that I need to that the P2 doesn't require and I'm draining my remote batteries sooner?

Nonsense?

Thanks

mark
Not sure because I have not tried the high power setting, but my RC has never dropped below 3/4, and I dont charge it every flight.
I doubt the power difference is that much to worry about. The only theoretical conflict is a legal one depending on where you are in the world.

The other thing to consider is how far you want to fly, and whether you think your range is insufficient.

In the UK, if you chose to stay within 500m/400' then I doubt you need the extra power anyway.

Thanks Hughie. Sorry about the newbie Q's...its all new to me. I appreciate the advise!

Will have a play and see if even makes a difference.

best

mark

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4