What is the weight of the standard legs?

Reaction score
I haven't even got my phantom yet but am already looking at ways of reducing weight!
What is the weight of the standard phantom legs?

As there are so many 3rd party ones available I don't know if they are heavier or lighter!

Thanks

48 grams without the screws. Some aftermarket landing gear are lighter, most fancy ones are heavier. To save weight, get something like the simensays v3 and use thin-walled carbon fiber tubes. Mine is 27g.

ElGuano said:
48 grams without the screws. Some aftermarket landing gear are lighter, most fancy ones are heavier. To save weight, get something like the simensays v3 and use thin-walled carbon fiber tubes. Mine is 27g.

Is that the pair or each one? can you post a pic of yours?

48 grams for the pair, plus the alu compass mount. I'll dig up a picture of mine when I get home but you can also google the Simensays v3 on shapeways.

Jmm_jammy said:
I haven't even got my phantom yet but am already looking at ways of reducing weight!

As there are so many 3rd party ones available I don't know if they are heavier or lighter!

Thanks

For the savings in weight, the irritation factor may have to be considered (ymmv). You have a compass to mount and the CAM plug plus the antennas. I want to extend the legs slightly and extenders on the legs at the top or the bottom seem the most logical solution for me.

ladykate said:
Jmm_jammy said:

Thanks

For the savings in weight, the irritation factor may have to be considered (ymmv). You have a compass to mount and the CAM plug plus the antennas. I want to extend the legs slightly and extenders on the legs at the top or the bottom seem the most logical solution for me.

Most good extended landing gear comes with a flush compass mount (the linked one above does for example). CAN-bus is only on the P2, but that doesn't need to be oriented with any kind of bracket. The antenna will hang down on their own, I use a bit of electrical tape and secure mine against the leg (which is what DJI does with the stock legs).

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31