What is the verdict on unofficial phantom batteries from Ebay?

Reaction score
I'm looking for some spare and replacement batteries.

The no-name ones sold on ebay are substantially cheaper. Yes there are risks etc. But apart from that, do they work with the current firmware?

I heard some reports of the fake batteries not working and DJI is enforcing official batteries only? Don't wanna waste money on a useless battery if it doesn't work.

Keep your eyes peeled on eBay. I found some "used" DJI batteries that had 0 charges but had 2 very small nicks on the battery for $85 a piece. I assume they were not up to DJI's standards and this guy got them super cheap.

So basically I got 2 brand new DJI batteries with small cosmetic issues for super cheap. I'm a happy customer.

P3P

best buy 100 dollars 1 battery new props and prop guards

its under there weekly ad at best buy

I found the Best Buy deal here but it shows as "coming soon", and then "no longer available" when clicking the "see details" button.

just go in store show add they will honor it

The P3 batteries are true 4x1 cell configuration, unlike the P2's 3x2. The 3x2 had early landing issues from serial x parallel config. This caused balancing issues and masked dud cells. The P3 batts don't have this problem. If you were buying P2 batts, I would suggest aftermarket. If you are getting P3 batts, stick to DJI OEM. You need also remember that the P3's are now more firmware driven and that everything now communicates with each other. An aftermarket battery may work for a few cycles and then DJI would stealthily launch a detection program in the GO app and render your battery and warranty void. Each flight you take now is logged, and this includes the battery serial numbers (as seen on healthydrones.com).

The P3 batteries are true 4x1 cell configuration, unlike the P2's 3x2. The 3x2 had early landing issues from serial x parallel config. This caused balancing issues and masked dud cells. The P3 batts don't have this problem. If you were buying P2 batts, I would suggest aftermarket. If you are getting P3 batts, stick to DJI OEM. You need also remember that the P3's are now more firmware driven and that everything now communicates with each other. An aftermarket battery may work for a few cycles and then DJI would stealthily launch a detection program in the GO app and render your battery and warranty void. Each flight you take now is logged, and this includes the battery serial numbers (as seen on healthydrones.com).
From what I've read in the forum there have been reports that the newest dji go app will not recognize after market batteries.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: ullhan84
I'm looking for some spare and replacement batteries.

The no-name ones sold on ebay are substantially cheaper. Yes there are risks etc. But apart from that, do they work with the current firmware?

I heard some reports of the fake batteries not working and DJI is enforcing official batteries only? Don't wanna waste money on a useless battery if it doesn't work.
The dji not sell the battery, all battery for the dji drone are born from different industries.

Remember that the ORIGINAL DJI BATTERY do not exist!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4