What is the second potentiometer for?

Reaction score
I opened up my transmitter (Phantom 1.1.1) to install a potentiometer and knob through the top of the case to replace the existing gimbal pitch lever. I noticed a second potentiometer on the board just below the one connected to the pitch lever. What is this used for?
My original Phantom only had one pot.

ce or fcc mode is set with that pot. I think clockwise is fcc and then when it turns on you will hear 2 beeps.

Wedeliver said:
ce or fcc mode is set with that pot. I think clockwise is fcc and then when it turns on you will hear 2 beeps.

That only applies to the 5.8ghz controllers. The 2.4ghz second pots have always been nonfunctional (or at least, never determined since the Phantom first came out).

ElGuano said:
Wedeliver said:

That only applies to the 5.8ghz controllers. The 2.4ghz second pots have always been nonfunctional (or at least, never determined since the Phantom first came out).

I learn something new everyday. Pretty cut and dried. I opened my up and the pot looked like it was wired into the system. Interesting.

Wedeliver said:
I learn something new everyday. Pretty cut and dried. I opened my up and the pot looked like it was wired into the system. Interesting.

Yeah, there's been talk from the beginning about hooking it up to an analyzer and seeing if the output change....to my knowledge nobody has ever done it (or at least the results have never gotten out). It's curious why there had always been a reserved pot there and why it has no discernible function...

ElGuano said:
Wedeliver said:

Yeah, there's been talk from the beginning about hooking it up to an analyzer and seeing if the output change....to my knowledge nobody has ever done it (or at least the results have never gotten out). It's curious why there had always been a reserved pot there and why it has no discernible function...

Well as soon as you figure that one out, maybe we can determine why there's a fan header on the Phantom mainboard :?:

OI Photography said:
Well as soon as you figure that one out, maybe we can determine why there's a fan header on the Phantom mainboard :?:
t

Heh, the thing is, we know what the fan header does. we know what the 7th channel does. We know what the aux power connector does. That second pot though, it's nothing but a mystery. And it's been there since the p1 ppm controller!

OI Photography said:
ElGuano said:
we know what the fan header does

"We", kemosabe?

That's one nugget I haven't dug up yet.

I should be careful. I haven't tested the fan header myself, I just assume it provides power to a fan, maybe it doesn't. But it has a labeled function at least. That pot just sits there completely unknown, tauntingly.

ElGuano said:
OI Photography said:
ElGuano said:

"We", kemosabe?

I should be careful. I haven't tested the fan header myself, I just assume it provides power to a fan, maybe it doesn't. But it has a labeled function at least. That pot just sits there completely unknown, tauntingly.

Yeah I'm pretty sure I've confirmed it's hot, I just couldn't figure out what fan they had in mind.

Sounds to me like you might still be holding out hope for a super-double-secret eighth channel :D

OI Photography said:
ElGuano said:
OI Photography said:
ElGuano said:

"We", kemosabe?

Yeah I'm pretty sure I've confirmed it's hot, I just couldn't figure out what fan they had in mind.

Sounds to me like you might still be holding out hope for a super-double-secret eighth channel :D

Phantom retracts, LED toggle, or gopro shutter servo? ;)

I was going over my owners manual for the Phantom 2 (non vision) and one of the figures shows the rear of the controller with a component labeled potentiometer. However, it does not explain what it does. It appears that a small screwdriver is needed for adjustment. Could anyone tell me what it's function is? I'm really puzzled! :|

Thanks, Jim :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues