What is the screw on the back of the RC for ?

Reaction score
Hi there i have just seen on youtube some one fly 3 plus miles with a stock phantom 2 and RC. They said they had turned the screw located at the back of the RC under the gimbal switch. Is it worth turning it is that what its for thanks

RUSHNREADY DJI said:
Hi there i have just seen on youtube some one fly 3 plus miles with a stock phantom 2 and RC. They said they had turned the screw located at the back of the RC under the gimbal switch. Is it worth turning it is that what its for thanks

I think it’s only for the Phantom Vision's 5.8ghz controller. It’s to comply with other country’s who have regulations on maximum transmitter power for 5.8ghz.

hook3m said:
RUSHNREADY DJI said:

I think it’s only for the Phantom Vision's 5.8ghz controller. It’s to comply with other country’s who have regulations on maximum transmitter power for 5.8ghz.
I have just taken it apart and its a 2.4ghz controller the screw only turns right 90 degrees and left 90 Degrees I may test this and see if it changes everything

It changes range for p2 vision. CE mode and FCC mode. it's the 5.8 GHz regulation in Europe vs USA.

It has no affect for 2.4 GHz Phantoms like the p2 non-vision

Except note it's for 5.8GHz Phantoms. not 2.4. 2.4 is default max range listed on DJI.com as 1,000 meters vs 300/500 CE/FCC or whatever it is.

No functionality on P2 non-vision

There's a potentiometer on the non-vision model as well (2.4ghz). Although it doesn't state any info on if the transmission power is increased or not. I did turn mine a bit further clockwise, it could go about 60 degrees more i believe. Not sure if it actually increases my range. Haven't tested the differences

see the dji link with the label for potentiometer on nr. 13

http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Phanto ... Controller

scratch009 said:
There's a potentiometer on the non-vision model as well (2.4ghz). Although it doesn't state any info on if the transmission power is increased or not. I did turn mine a bit further clockwise, it could go about 60 degrees more i believe. Not sure if it actually increases my range. Haven't tested the differences

see the dji link with the label for potentiometer on nr. 13

http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Phanto ... Controller
I have had an email back form DJI apparently it is the potentiometer to control the tilt of the camera gimbal, but i thought the top one was ? Its the same as in the diagram too

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers