What is the overall recommendation on carbon fiber props?

Reaction score
I have a set I've used in a windy situation and they were about the same as the plastic. Are there any advantages?. Longer flight times etc?

Ive heard there no good due to the stiffnes. People have had much more smoother flights from the plastic ones. Think of a helicopter blade. Theres alot of flex in those

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

I agree... I have them and other than looks...no functionality. Very stiff and will crack a lot easier than the plastics. I have busted a couple from a small crash on an old P3.

Yeah it's kinda what I read around other sites. I have a pair I've only used once in a wedding shoot and didn't really see any performance difference so I've been wondering if I should leave them out of my day to day carrying bag.

Have a set, used them once just to see how they are and fly with on the P3...

Honestly looks banging but have not used them since.

Well, I like mine! I think you're right, no real difference in flight characteristics , but they do look fantastic, so mine are staying on and the plastics are spares.

Well, I like mine! I think you're right, no real difference in flight characteristics , but they do look fantastic, so mine are staying on and the plastics are spares.

I will use mine though, when I go abroad in December lol want to kill some bugs

I'm not sure about performance, but carbon are making nicer sound and they are quieter.

I run duel batts so these are a necessity the plastic bend to much with the extra weight.

I use them all the time now... my wife and I agree that the carbon fiber props are quieter.... hovering also appears more steady... 3 out of four were perfectly balanced right out of the bag... the third needed some minor hub balancing. Pretty tight specs. Side note, get only the DJI props, not the knock-offs... just my opinion... speed and flight times appear unchanged. I balance them with fingernail polish... do a vertical max thrust test and you'll see a "slight" speed/response advantage going to the CF props.. all else being equal. They ARE more fragile... hit anything and you are sure to lose at least one.

Reactions: Dima
Often people confuse the DJI CF reinforced props with those of the stereotypical woven type.

I think they're louder. Zero performance gain at 4 times the price = marketing genius.

I have been using DJI CF props and pretty happy with them. I do have white ones too but never used or never bothered to compare.

Fortunately they never needed balancing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.