What is the max. height the PH3 will go if you change default settings?

Reaction score
I changed my default to 300 meters and I was surprised to see it went up to almost 1000 ft.?
How high will it go?

Reactions: Tashier
Your get 500 as Steve said. But depending on what country your in be careful as anything over 100m ish you can run into light aircraft. I try to fly between 50 and 100 m to be safe when lining around. Lower if I'm focusing on something.

If you want to fly higher than 500 meters, you're just asking for trouble!! There is Cessnas and helicopters that operate at that altitude and you can easily force one of those to crash land if there is a collision. It is too risky I don't see a legit reason for going that high. This is why regulators are coming up with new rules every day, it's because of irresponsibility like this.

Reactions: nickyb
Inthink 150 m is high enough. What for do you fly more than that high? You won't get good pic anyway

tumblr_nozbavrxe51ro8ysbo1_500.gif

If you want to fly higher than 500 meters, you're just asking for trouble!! There is Cessnas and helicopters that operate at that altitude and you can easily force one of those to crash land if there is a collision. It is too risky I don't see a legit reason for going that high. This is why regulators are coming up with new rules every day, it's because of irresponsibility like this.

Same old question and answers from people who only fly in cities or the prairies. Some of us that fly near mountains could use the extra height all the time. If I am flying up a mountain, and I am 100' away from said mountain, if there are any Cesnas or helicopters there, it is them asking for trouble. Everyone flies in different situations. Don't assume the characteristics of your situation fit everyone else's.

Hello there,
FAA rules state no more that 400 ft for hobby and under 500 ft if you have your n number witch would mean you have all the necessary paper work to fly commercial .. and are a licensed pilot with all necessary support personnel and have clearance and a flight plan with the local air traffic control authorities...just-say-in and AMA also puts safe flight at 400 ft...!!! ;-)

400ft= 121.9200m

500ft= 152.4000m

Link: Feet to Meters conversion - ft to m

Link: Meters to Feet conversion

Last edited:
Hello there,
FAA rules state no more that 400 ft for hobby and under 500 ft if you have your n number witch would mean you have all the necessary paper work to fly commercial .. and are a licensed pilot with all necessary support personnel and have clearance and a flight plan with the local air traffic control authorities...just-say-in and AMA also puts safe flight at 400 ft...!!! ;-)

400ft= 121.9200m

500ft= 152.4000m

Link: Feet to Meters conversion - ft to m
Not a rule.. but otherwise correct.

Reactions: dirkclod
I suppose I will seem the grumpy one but....

Last night on my BBC iPad app.....big noise about the "bush fires" in the USA?
Seems the water copters / planes are up in arms about amateur drone operators ..which they say are getting in the way of their operations and slowing them down. Talk of new laws ......

So how long before DJI and the others are compelled by law to limit height...
I have mentioned this before, and every country should now start to think about forming a nation association and have a conduit to those in power before it's too late.
There are some pretty savvy guys on here and not a few who have been in business and can act with intelligence.
An association can have influence on its members and in turn have representative who can lobby the powers that be before they put into law anything not fully thought out.
The logic in my suggestion can be seen world wide with the scuba diving fraternity.

Just s thought.....

Not another thread that's degenerated into it's a law - no it isn't.
There's no point going on with this.
It's been done to death and the amateur lawyers on both sides aren't going to change their mind.

The OP didn't ask for legal interpretation.
Keep any further input on topic.

I suppose I will seem the grumpy one but....

Last night on my BBC iPad app.....big noise about the "bush fires" in the USA?
Seems the water copters / planes are up in arms about amateur drone operators ..which they say are getting in the way of their operations and slowing them down. Talk of new laws ......

So how long before DJI and the others are compelled by law to limit height...
I have mentioned this before, and every country should now start to think about forming a nation association and have a conduit to those in power before it's too late.
There are some pretty savvy guys on here and not a few who have been in business and can act with intelligence.
An association can have influence on its members and in turn have representative who can lobby the powers that be before they put into law anything not fully thought out.
The logic in my suggestion can be seen world wide with the scuba diving fraternity.

Just s thought.....
Those situations aren't a matter of height limiting. Even at 100' a drone can be an issue for aerial fire assaults. They need Boeing's lasers to shoot those dumbasses out of the sky around wildfires. Haha

500 meters :) very Nice

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1442475170.565299.jpg
    ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1442475170.565299.jpg
    266.2 KB · Views: 393
There are many reasons to go to 500 meters. 1640 is as high as mine will go, unless you do the RTH move, then you can get another couple hundred meters up.... Coming down though takes a while so be mindful of your battery.

I heard a guy in the UK was flying at around 800ft and a RAF Chinook had to take avoiding action as the drone came out of low lying cloud and whizzed passed the cockpit by just a few feet.

There are many reasons to go to 500 meters. 1640 is as high as mine will go, unless you do the RTH move, then you can get another couple hundred meters up.... Coming down though takes a while so be mindful of your battery.
That "flaw" doesn't work any longer

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik