What is the ideal FW and SW version to downgrade to?

Reaction score
Im sure this has been discussed before, but it seems that everytime there is an update, especially the lastest one... which Ive been using for a while I ALWAYS have issues. Usually transmission issues. Last time the F%@%@% thing literally crashed into my truck as I lost control and transmission. Thank god no damage to either unit or vehicle, had prop guards.. they broke... lol and caught the unit in the air as it bounced off...

Anyways, can someone indicate the pros and cons, what is the ideal all around version, what the other versions may have improved, or restricted and if the downgrade is worth it. Also, can someone suggest a link for the downgrade, and how to prevent the unit from forcing the upgrade, which is what I run into all the time. Thanks!!

Decided to go with the 1.7 version. Do I need to downgrade the controller? Or is the current version ok? Thanks. If so, which controller version do i need for the FW 1.7?

I see where power output was cut between 1.5 and 1.6.. but some have indicated not to use 1.5.. is that correct? Thanks. Where does one get the apk for 2.4?

Last edited:
prevent the unit from forcing the upgrade
I’m not familiar with any of the 3 series phantoms if that is what you have. Updates are not”forced” to my knowledge on DJI products. The ignore button is a good solution. Is it possible that you have automatic updates selected in whatever screen device you use?
The best firmware version would be the one that best suits your specific needs.

If the firmware change turns out to be incompatible with remote, you will get a notification and an opportunity to get the matching one. If using Assistant, just let it change both at the same time.
PS: during update be sure to keep a fan on the gimble area to prevent overheating damage.

Last edited:
Thanks! Does anyone know if I should roll back before 1.6 to 1.5 that has the increased output? I saw where 1.5 had bugs... What is the ideal FW and software combo? Thanks!

Thanks! Does anyone know if I should roll back before 1.6 to 1.5 that has the increased output? I saw where 1.5 had bugs... What is the ideal FW and software combo? Thanks!

Is something wrong with your drone or is rolling back your firmware going to add some kind of functionality to your drone that you didn't have before? If not then monkeying with the firmware like that is an absolute terrible idea in my opinion. You're just asking for trouble and it's the easiest way to turn your drone into a paperweight with propellers. Just my two cents....

Thanks. I rolled it back to 1.7.6 and the app to 2.4.3. I am able to do to the 32 channel mod and override the speed, alt and distace, zones, etc. I have noticed that in the About section of the app software it does NOT show the version. How do I sync that up? Thanks.

Last time the F%@%@% thing literally crashed into my truck as I lost control and transmission.
That was unlikely to be firmware-related.
The cause was something else.
Anyways, can someone indicate the pros and cons, what is the ideal all around version
Any version should be good, there's no good/bad versions.
Also, can someone suggest a link for the downgrade, and how to prevent the unit from forcing the upgrade, which is what I run into all the time.
DJI doesn't force updates at all, but if you have your phone or tablet set to allow auto-updating of apps, they happen automatically.
Turn off auto-updating in your phone or tablet settings.

Reactions: GadgetGuy

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20