What is the best way to move pictures/film from the Phantom?

Reaction score
Hello

Have been flying the P2V+ now and taken a few Pictures
What is the best way to move the Pictures to picasa or computer?

Re: What is the best way to move pictures/film from the Phan

The only way is to remove the sd card and download to PC

If you are just transferring pictures taken in jpeg mode, it isn't too bad to just transfer them via the Wi-Fi to your phone and then upload directly to Picasa from the phone. Videos take forever though so forget about Wi-Fi for transferring video. If you have a lot of photos or videos, or pictures taken in RAW mode, the quickest way to transfer them is to put the memory card into your computer (use a SD adapter card if necessary). You can alternatively plug a Micro-USB cable into slot on the rear of the gimbal, power on the Phantom (make sure to remove the gimbal clamp and lens cap!), and then transfer them to the computer. The latter method is slower than inserting the card directly into your computer.

Dirty bird answered that question to the letter.

So happy to finally be involved with an awesome Forum.

Jason

Jason Church said:
Dirty bird answered that question to the letter.

So happy to finally be involved with an awesome Forum.

Jason

Welcome mate. Yep the bird knows his stuff ;)

I'm on about my tenth digital camera. OK eleventh counting the Phantom, and I have never used the USB cable to transfer photos. I simply remove the card and insert into the PC. If your PC doesn't have the correct slot you can get a multi card reader for very little money, which plugs into your USB slot. It's about the fastest way to transfer files.

dannytroy said:
I'm on about my tenth digital camera. OK eleventh counting the Phantom, and I have never used the USB cable to transfer photos. I simply remove the card and insert into the PC. If your PC doesn't have the correct slot you can get a multi card reader for very little money, which plugs into your USB slot. It's about the fastest way to transfer files.

Amen, been shooting digital since 1999 and I've never connected a cable from camera to computer.

Get one of these (Target stocks them in store, some WalMarts too), best $12 you'll spend and it's about the size of a box of matches so it packs easily in laptop bag.

http://www.amazon.com/Targus-USB-2-0-Re ... 004XT6ZGW#

I have had countless digital cameras and have transferred photos/video from the device via USB cable quite a bit, especially when the camera/device uses a micro SD card and I don't have the adaptor handy.
Some of the cheaper Chinese stuff still uses USB v1 and those are much faster using a card adaptor.
I have not yet transferred data from the Phantom directly by USB cable as it is a bit bulky, but in a pinch, it can be done.

I always use the wifi feature... gives good power on time to run the Phantom battery down low to keep it healthy... yeah sure it takes a long time but I guess I don't care much about that while I'm doing other things... I like to think I'm saving wear and tear on mechanical parts that deal with the sd card and USB cables from my big bumbling thumbs and elbows :lol:

One thing I noticed... if you're gonna leave your Phantom powered on for long periods then leave a fan blowing on it... There are a few different spots on the Phantom that get really hot just sitting there with no airflow.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik