What is the best receiver and antennae for ImersionRC 600mw?

Reaction score
I would love to know what you think would be the best receiver and antennae for the ImmersionRC 600mw.

Thanks!

Re: What is the best receiver and antennae for ImersionRC 60

. . . or even just the best receiver for the Immersion?

Hi!

I use FatShark or BlackPearl receiver with FatShark Spiro antennas .

I did 1250m flight with no loss in video signal, then it got worse with each meter.
At 1300m I got autoFailSafe, but the video was still on. That was an open area with few trees and rather flat:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=19293

basically, I never had any problems up to 700m. Of course, no solid objects in between and as few trees as possible ;)

pietrekpong said:
Hi!

I did 1250m flight with no loss in video signal, then it got worse with each meter.
At 1300m I got autoFailSafe, but the video was still on. That was an open area with few trees and rather flat:

basically, I never had any problems up to 700m. Of course, no solid objects in between and as few trees as possible ;)
Thanks. Any Fatshark receiver in particular?

DattaGroover said:
pietrekpong said:
Hi!

And is your Blackpearl just as good?

OI Photography said:
DattaGroover said:

If you want an external receiver (instead of getting a monitor with one built in), I've been using the Immersion UNO5800 for months and it's been great for me: http://www.readymaderc.com/store/index. ... cts_id=877
Thanks that good to know. I have the Lilliput 665(?) monitor and its reception sucks.

DattaGroover said:
DattaGroover said:
pietrekpong said:
Hi!

And is your Blackpearl just as good?

I wasn't aware that there is a choice of receivers for Fatshark goggles ;] I bought it as a set, with battery and spiro antennas.
You mount it inside the goggles on a click basis. It works really good and You don't have any cables all around You.

BlackPearl isn't as good as goggles when it comes to signal strength - maybe if I used this flat directional antenna (I use two spiros at the moment),
things would be better? the best thing about monitor is that You have the possibility to look at the drone from time to time - so I use it mostly for action shots.
when I want to fly far - I wear goggles ;)

OI Photography said:
DattaGroover said:

If you want an external receiver (instead of getting a monitor with one built in), I've been using the Immersion UNO5800 for months and it's been great for me: http://www.readymaderc.com/store/index. ... cts_id=877

+1 (although I use a diversity system now)

Also if you want excellent (but directional) range then a decent helical is the way to go.

I use a 7.5 turn 12 dbi helical and a skew Planar on my diversity

Helical here -> http://www.circular-wireless.com/en/products-page/helical-modo-axial/heliaxial58/
Yes it's expensive but it knocks spots off anything on Fleabay from the land of the rising yen !

The Editor said:
OI Photography said:
DattaGroover said:

+1 (although I use a diversity system now)

Also if you want excellent (but directional) range then a decent helical is the way to go.

I use a 7.5 turn 12 dbi helical and a skew Planar on my diversity

Helical here -> http://www.circular-wireless.com/en/products-page/helical-modo-axial/heliaxial58/
Yes it's expensive but it knocks spots off anything on Fleabay from the land of the rising yen !
Thanks- Are you using the new Uno DIversity receiver? Is it better than the 5800?

So the helical works well on the ground, but I assume not in the air (since it's directional)? Or do you use it on both ends?
Does it work better than the Fat Shark Spiros (which are omni, I believe)? Or is the Spiro what you use in the air?

pietrekpong said:
the best thing about monitor is that You have the possibility to look at the drone from time to time - so I use it mostly for action shots.
when I want to fly far - I wear goggles ;)
That's why I use a monitor- so I can easily see what's happening with the bird, especially when there are trees, buildings, etc. nearby

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20