What is the best mod to increase range

Reaction score
I am having lagging video problems and was hoping there was a mod to increase range and video feed back to the controller. Any help would be great

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I am having lagging video problems and was hoping there was a mod to increase range and video feed back to the controller. Any help would be great

IMO panels . From JakeMaxxUAV who is a vender here or whoever . I believe in them da girls.jpg
Welcome to the forum :)

Reactions: JohnnyB and J Dot
Range is great for me where I am at with 0 noise , now I saw a member here checking his lag like this and just tried it the other nite and this is what I got
trying it in front of me lag.JPG as far as distortion I haven't noticed any .

Reactions: JohnnyB and J Dot
+1 what Dirk said!
I've seen some of his flights, TRUST me, you'd be amazed, plus he has the cutest co-pilot EVER,o_O,
Nice lag test good buddy, looks like ole' J Dot, might be rubbing off on you?:rolleyes:

JeepLife,
Take care, and I hope you get it all worked out, those panels get rave reviews. Plus it's a very cool ALL IN ONE deal. Not old school ERECTOR SET looking stuff.:)

J Dot
:cool:

Fly safe!

Reactions: dirkclod
Hello, I realize this is a semi-old post but I'm new to the drone scene and I am looking to extend the range of my Phantom3 Standard that I have recently purchased. Is there an easy upgrade that I can do on my own? I'm pretty nervous about modifying my remote but love the idea of getting a large range and strong connection. I"ve seen a lot of mods on youtube but not sure where to start. Any advice would be much appreciated. Happy flying!

Wife seen me looking at this pic and said, "don't even think about it!" Lol
Sexy line-up Dirk!

Sent from my XT1585 using PhantomPilots mobile app
Thanks Johnny but ya ought to see what J dot has :)
How hard is it to install the dbs I watched a few videos and it does not look hard but I have not actually done it so lol

It really isn't hard but you do need to take your time and be easy getting the cables off and then reseated right .

Last edited:
Hello, I realize this is a semi-old post but I'm new to the drone scene and I am looking to extend the range of my Phantom3 Standard that I have recently purchased. Is there an easy upgrade that I can do on my own? I'm pretty nervous about modifying my remote but love the idea of getting a large range and strong connection. I"ve seen a lot of mods on youtube but not sure where to start. Any advice would be much appreciated. Happy flying!
Welcome to the forum Jake .You are reading in one of lots of threads on what you can do .
I can't tell you where to start other than read in the main standard section at all the options and then go from there .
You have read in this thread alone what I have done .

Thanks for the quick response Dirk! I appreciate the input. I have one other question. I've seen other remotes that have two antennas and a slightly different look to them. Different power button and shape. I assume that there are different third party remotes that you can link to Phantom3 Standard, but I'm not sure. Thanks again!

Thanks for the quick response Dirk! I appreciate the input. I have one other question. I've seen other remotes that have two antennas and a slightly different look to them. Different power button and shape. I assume that there are different third party remotes that you can link to Phantom3 Standard, but I'm not sure. Thanks again!
Standards don't have those TX's . The P3 4k and Pro/Adv models do . The antenna you have sticking out is 5.8 and your 2.4's are inside the TX at the top .

Standards don't have those TX's . The P3 4k and Pro/Adv models do . The antenna you have sticking out is 5.8 and your 2.4's are inside the TX at the top .
Awesome! Thanks, for the info! Appreciate it. Wish I could get out there and fly... My Phantom3 came yesterday and it is raining for the next week. Thanks again. : D

Reactions: dirkclod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj