What is the best iPad Mini Retina Display Sun Shade

Reaction score
In everyone's opinion - What is the best iPad Mini Retina Display Sun Shade? I really need to get something and would love to have a cut & dry answer on this. I know there are a few on the market. But who better to answer this question than the experts themselves. Thanks!

In everyone's opinion - What is the best iPad Mini Retina Display Sun Shade? I really need to get something and would love to have a cut & dry answer on this. I know there are a few on the market. But who better to answer this question than the experts themselves. Thanks!

IMO the best option would be to DIY one yourself, you can build it according to your preference.

IMO the best option would be to DIY one yourself, you can build it according to your preference.

I thought about that and may end up doing that. Just wanted to see if someone was using something that was really "perfect" for the job..

I thought about that and may end up doing that. Just wanted to see if someone was using something that was really "perfect" for the job..
Same here, i did my research on what was available, but making one seem more logical after looking at the prices.

Black Coroplast works great and a little bit of velcro.

I have ordered PadHat Mini from HoodiVision and should receive it today. According to reviews, it seems great for UAV fliers. You can search on the Web and make your own opinion.

My Hoodi for my Ipad mini seals at the top via magnet....it doesn't allow for a good lock when you clamp down with the mount.Almost had my mini fall out.

My Hoodi for my Ipad mini seals at the top via magnet....it doesn't allow for a good lock when you clamp down with the mount.Almost had my mini fall out.

I did have my brand new iPad mini 3 hit the pavement due to the flimsy My Hoodi....1 star

I don't want to make one myself but am still looking for a good quality hood for iPad mini 3. The my hoodi just don't work. magnets are cheesy and a big hassle.

The hoodie works for me. It also helps keep the pad cool.
image.jpg

Glad it works for you. The My Hoodie does not work for me. Magnets are weak and keeps falling off.Dont need it. You can have mine for 10 bucks. 1 star out of 10 :(

Thats great! glad it works for you. It does not work for me. Magnet is weak and keeps falling off.
Just not a good system. IMO
The magnets are not very strong, but if you notice in the picture, I clamp the hoodie on top of the pad.

Hoodi also makes hook and loop for those who don't like the magnets.

http://www.hoodivision.com

Ill give the clamp a shot. Not sure magnets are such a great idea. There has to be a better hoodie out there that is better made and that will stay put. thanks!!

Reactions: Fplvert
Got a question for you. I know 400 ft is the max legal limit. How are these guys by passing the height limit in DJI app? thanks!
500 meters (or about 1600 feet) is the limit on the DJI pilot app.

It's up to the operator to follow local guidelines.

Took my Phantom 3 out yesterday and noticed still have blurry static lines on iPad mini 3 during recording. I have a new cable coming...I hope it is that. It does not show up on SD card but just strange it shows up on live recording view. Also Downloading on FINAL CUT PRO then to VIMEO the 4K just doesn't look right; Must be doing something wrong. ---thanks!!

Got a question for you. I know 400 ft is the max legal limit. How are these guys by passing the height limit in DJI app? thanks!

Just a heads up - the maximum recommended height by the FAA is 400' - it is not a law (yet). Check the FAA website to verify if you'd like. I too thought that it was a set height but found out after reading over the UAV recreational sections of their webpage that it is strongly recommended.

Took my Phantom 3 out yesterday and noticed still have blurry static lines on iPad mini 3 during recording. I have a new cable coming...I hope it is that. It does not show up on SD card but just strange it shows up on live recording view. Also Downloading on FINAL CUT PRO then to VIMEO the 4K just doesn't look right; Must be doing something wrong. ---thanks!!

Most likely you have the overexposure warning on. It will produce white and black stripes over areas that are overexposed. It is there to help you gauge proper exposure and is especially helpful when dealing with shots that have a lot of horizon in it. The zebra stripes will not record on your final footage - they're just there to help with composition (you ideally want to eliminate most of the zebra stripes). You can go into image settings then click the more button and then turn them off there if you don't like them.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31