What is the best flight simulator that includes the Phantoms

Reaction score
The subject says it all. I've bought flight simulators, in the past for planes and helicopters. But, although I've heard of simulators for Phantoms, I haven't tried them.

What is your opinion or experience with such simulators?

Re: What is the best flight simulator that includes the Phan

I have Phoenix 5 and Real Flight 7.5. Both have the cable/dongle that lets me use my Spectrum DX9. I find that the Phantom model on each doesn't fly like my real Phantom. The Phoenix 5 Phantom has DJI on it. I have played with the controller settings in the software in Phoenix and have not found the right settings for me. I also made the model a 200% size making it easier to see when flying the sim. Software updates and aircraft are have been free. The helicopter model flying experience is the best in a sim that I have used. The airplanes are OK, but I prefer Real Flights planes sim better.

Real Flight 7.5 has a Phantom like quad. Flying this model on the sim is closer to my real Phantom than Phoenix. That said I think it is the 2nd worst multi rotor in the 7.5 version of Real Flight. There are a bunch of different multi rotors to fly in this version, mini, tri, quad, hex and others. Updates cost money, at least moving from say RF 5 to RF 6, RF 6 to RF 7 or 7.5 etc. You can find Real Flight add ons on the Knife Edge site.

David

Thank you for your reply. I was worried that no one would help me!

I've used Real Flight in the past, although as you say, it can get expensive. I would have thought more members would use Sims, to fly in the virtual world when the real world conditions are too bad.

Thanks again cdavidell.

How much is a good simulator program and what sort of computer spec's do you need?

I used to love Ms Flight Sim X... Like to the point of spending thousands for a dedicated PC to play at best settings and a bit of hardware for cockpit functions..
Used to do Vatsim as well which connects you to a multiplayer world with real people in the ATC positions controlling every thing.

I must say... flying a quad around in any flight sim is one of the most boring things you can do. Its good if you enjoy it :) But I could understand why lots of people don't. Especially if you can't/dont use the same RC controller that you fly with.. or atleast something similar.

PsychopathRC said:
How much is a good simulator program and what sort of computer spec's do you need?

100 to 200 dollars for used/new real flight. They aren't too bad on graphics cards so you don't need a crazy good computer.

PhantomFanatic said:
Thank you for your reply. I was worried that no one would help me!

I've used Real Flight in the past, although as you say, it can get expensive. I would have thought more members would use Sims, to fly in the virtual world when the real world conditions are too bad.

Thanks again cdavidell.

I used sims a LOT when flying regular RC heli's. But I find the Phantom so much easier to fly that I'd rather work on my skills with actual flight. I mean... As long as you don't panic... The Phantom can basically recover from mistakes for you :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31