What is the best firmware for our P2V+?

Jeffin916 said:
What is the best firmware for our P2V+?

I have heard it is 1.08......
It depends on your purpose. If you want to do the GS thing, and have the geofence and latest gen airport restrictions and 2 m/s descent limit go with 3.04. If you want none of that and 6 m/s descent rate go with 1.08. I use 1.08 since day 2 back in early may. Absolutely love it. But fpv mode or GS don't work in this version but she is fast, responsive, stable and descends at the same rate she ascends. Flawless flying and uncomplicated with all the restrictions is working for me. I don't care about GS. Just another point of failure if you don't need it. You can always go back to the latest at any time after downgrading.

Ok I want to add my opinion, and don't mean to piss anyone off, but probably will.

v3.0 is hands down the better overall version.

Due to recent issues over the past 6-8weeks the v3.04 is one you want to stay away from. Anyway that upgraded to v3.04 before researching any of the copter websites, well,...so sorry.

My experience with v1.08 is that it is the most prone to fly aways, and is why there were some of the updates to start with. Key point with this version is, you can try other version and come back to this one when ready.

If you don't need to fly near an airport and don't mind the new safer throttled descent speed, there is no reason to not use the most recent version of the software - 3.04. I want the bug fixes that are going into these new releases. I have had no problems and have not read about any inherent issues over the past couple of weeks.

flyNfrank said:
Ok I want to add my opinion, and don't mean to piss anyone off, but probably will.

Due to recent issues over the past 6-8weeks the v3.04 is one you want to stay away from. Anyway that upgraded to v3.04 before researching any of the copter websites, well,...so sorry.

My experience with v1.08 is that it is the most prone to fly aways, and is why there were some of the updates to start with. Key point with this version is, you can try other version and come back to this one when ready.
What is your experience with 1.08 flyaways? If you don't mind enlightening us? I am interested as I use 1.08 and have had a great experience so far. What makes it prone to flyaways? Be specific.

What is GS? I think the biggest thing I want is the same speed on my decent and I know that is with the 1.08. BUT I do not want fly aways

Ground Station.
IMHO, state of the art technology but rather gimmicky. I haven't used it myself and don't see the need.
It's autonomous point and click waypoint flying that was introduced in the high end multirotors.
Autonomous means another reason for "fly-aways".
Until panning during flight and tilting is refined, then I might get on board.

BlackTracer said:
flyNfrank said:

What is your experience with 1.08 flyaways? If you don't mind enlightening us? I am interested as I use 1.08 and have had a great experience so far. What makes it prone to flyaways? Be specific.
My experience is I have bought 3 visions since February, received my 3rd just yesterday. As for anything I might have to add, you would in much better shape if you were to take a little time and use the forums to research facts about your copter.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj