What is that cable? Source for technical manual?

K

Kubelwagen

Hello from Newbiville.

Actually I've been in RC for over 20 years but just got into drones recently. Purchased my first P2 used with an H3-3D that needs a little work. Will be doing the whole FPV OSD thing with it.

My question is what is the purpose of the red/brown/yellow ribbon cable that runs halfway down one of the landing gear legs? When I first pulled the unit out of the box I was really miffed because it looked like it had be cut off. Then I realized it was made that way. Searched various sources for about the past hour and can't find an answer. Saw in one video where it was connected to a board but doesn't seem to be used for anything.

This leads to my next question which is where do you find a good technical manual for the P2 that would show all the components, cables and whatnot? Haven't found that either.

Thank you.

Never mind. Found the answer while reading the user manual. Imagine that.

img

Mystery_Cable_Pinouts.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Manuals are funny thing, eh? lol...

If you are heading for full-out FPV, and you choose the ImmersionRC 600mw TX, this cable will replace that red/brown/yellow cable:

Plug and Play Cable: DJI Phantom 2 to iOSD Mini and Fat Shark/ImmersionRC Transmitter

It saves soldering, and is super easy to install...

Good info. I bought a second used P2 that has that transmitter and noticed it had a different cable. Likely the same one you linked.

Not sure the transmitter works yet though because sometimes people don't know you have to have an antenna connected (and GoPro mounted in the gimbal) to keep them from burning out or getting damaged. But we'll soon find out.

Also found a really good video online with a guy mounted up an OSD Mini and H3-3D. I'd like an OSD with lat and long readout though so I may have to get my hands dirty. Found a Tarot system on eBay for around $35 that looks pretty good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31