What is really happening with DRONEFLY DJI backlog on parts?

Reaction score
I bought a Phantom 2 from DRONEFLY. Everything worked great. I wanted FPV and paid for it the day I picked up the drone. They ordered the parts. I was told the parts would arrive in a few days. A week later, i drop it off to get the FPV installed. I'm told three days to get it done. It's now been two weeks with my Phantom sitting in their shop and I call in every day to find out what is happening. Each day, it's another story:

It should be here tomorrow... Maybe Thursday... I think it might be here... Guess not... The Chinese New Year really screwed up orders... We don't really know what we are getting... Try again tomorrow... Etc.

I've seen the injunction letter that the former DJI CEO rolled out specifically naming DRONEFLY as a distributer that won't get parts. DRONEFLY denies this. Yet, they don't have parts.

In the beginning, they told me they were only missing the iosd mini. I set about finding one from another source. I then find out they have the iosd mini, but they are missing the 5.8ghz transmitter. I'm now looking for that.

What kind of customer service is this? I have to call them every day? No offer to call me when it comes in? They are completely full of ****, right? I feel like an idiot. Who runs a business like this??

I've tried to call DJI directly, but they are even less responsive and I cannot commit the hours on hold to talk to someone.

I'm extremely frustrated.

Am I alone here, or is this going on elsewhere?

Re: What is really happening with DRONEFLY DJI backlog on pa

Things like FPV components vary so much they couldn't stock everything. I have had great service from DF so far. As far as my FPV I sourced the parts myself. The monitor came from China in 4 days via DHL. The Immersion tx and the iSOD mini both came from US suppliers. I had everything within a week. If you can solder a simple joint you can install it yourself or spend $20 more and buy a plug n play harness. Get a refund, pick it up and DIY. ;)

I just ordered the DJI 5.8 transmitter. Should I have gone with the immersion?

I wish I would have done this on day 1. Sitting around waiting for no response is very frustrating.

Thanks for your help.

Why have them install the FPV? It's actually quite simple and tons of info around the internet. Get your P2 back and do it yourself.

I originally did it because they were going to get the parts in quick and I didn't have time. That has since proved wrong. No parts and now I really need the thing back and usable for work. I'm ordering parts elsewhere now and I'll do it myself. They have become completely unreliable. Bummer. I just wanted it working and I was willing to pay for the service.

loganfilm said:
I just ordered the DJI 5.8 transmitter. Should I have gone with the immersion?

I wish I would have done this on day 1. Sitting around waiting for no response is very frustrating.

Thanks for your help.

I went with the Immersion 600mW as it has a decent track record and it is small, just the board, no box. I believe the one you bought is in a plastic box. The DJI one is pretty popular so I am sure it will work out well for you. Be sure to buy a monitor that will cover the 5.8 bandwidth and one that does not produce a blue screen if you have signal loss.

Ok.. So they called today. It was done and complete. I picked it up and it works perfectly. I now have to resell the gear I bought anticipating more delay. Ugh. There are worse problems to have.

Just return the stuff to the seller you bought it from. You just bought it right?

I have the DJI AVL58 Tx and Black Pearl monitor with cloverleaf antennas on both. Works perfect. I did the AVL58 and iosd mini install myself (soldered the wires). I prefer to do this kind of work myself. I learn something in the process about my machine and I know the work is done right. :)

That's my exact setup, with the iosdmini. I forgot I ordered a monitor mount awhile back from Rave Creative and just popped that on after messing with other mounts from DRONEFLY. Loving the Rave Creative mount. Good stuff.

loganfilm said:
Yes, but Ebay. ;(
Most sellers accept returns on ebay.

loganfilm said:
That's my exact setup, with the iosdmini. I forgot I ordered a monitor mount awhile back from Rave Creative and just popped that on after messing with other mounts from DRONEFLY. Loving the Rave Creative mount. Good stuff.

I also have the Futaba T8FGS transmitter also. That was the best thing I've done so far! With Ian Woods profile, it makes a world of difference. If you haven't seen this thread yet, check it out... http://phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=8358

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues