What is happening with my gimbal? (Video)

Reaction score
I was flying this evening and my gimbal started to act funny, see here:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
It also came up with an error message about Gimbal Motor Overloaded.
It is a P3 Advanced, only 2 weeks old, and has never had any crashed or harsh flying.
I think the yaw axis of the gimbal is broken (it wobbles rather than corrects when I move the phantom around in my hand).
Any advice?

I know you are not a stupid pilot but I will ask the only stupid question I have - did you remove the little foam protector in the very back of the gimbal? And now for some help I hope; calibrate the gimbal first. If you aren't any better try an IMU and then a gimbal calibration.

Sent from my PT beating heart

I know you are not a stupid pilot but I will ask the only stupid question I have - did you remove the little foam protector in the very back of the gimbal? And now for some help I hope; calibrate the gimbal first. If you aren't any better try an IMU and then a gimbal calibration.

Thanks for the advice but the answer is yes to everything. The gimbal motor for correcting yaw appears dead... :(

Making any noise?
Since day 1 it has been making a small noise, the sort that you would expect from a ultrasonic sensor though (very light clicking / buzzing) so I was never concerned - could that be the reason?

Is the screw tight on the gimbal shaft?

The set screw? That is very tight, could it be too tight?

I think the motor for the "yaw arm" (?) is not working... as the gimbal has no strength to correct to pivot movements, whereas pitch movements are corrected perfectly.

Last edited:
mine was doing that and even way worse then yours.. For some reason after updateing to the V1.2 of the pilot app it started doing it. The only fix was to do an imu and compass calibration. Tho for some reason I had to do the imu twice before it zeroed the gimble out center.

What was happing is it would start to drift to the left even tho it should of been centered and pointing straight.. Then any time it thought it needed to move to the left when turning it would hit the stop and bounch around as it over loaded the motors trying to go past the stop tab on the arm.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.