what is difference between 3standard and 3 Advanced?

Lots of stuff. The advanced includes Lightbridge and GLONASS to name two. The advanced is next generation. The Standard is really just a glorified P2V+

The major differences are as follows:
  • The P3S uses Wi-Fi for the video connection and the P3A uses Lightbridge
  • The P3A has a much longer range (3.1 miles vs. 0.62 miles)
  • The P3S range is usually shorter in areas where there is a lot of other conflicting Wi-Fi signals
  • The P3S has a slightly longer flight time
  • The P3S cannot connect to GLONASS satellites (shouldn't be a deal-breaker for most people)
  • The P3A has downward vision sensors to help with stabilization when flying close to the ground
  • The P3A remote controller has more functions, is built better, and it can hold a tablet out of the box
You can compare those Phantom models in detail here.

Reactions: flyboy73
If you buy litchi you can over come the range issues, also if you mod the controller you can use litchi for range and keep the RC within signal range with the modded receiver.

Where did you see the P3S for a tempting price?

If its your first DJI product, theres nothing wrong with the Standard. Flies alot like it's bigger brothers, and if you crash it, the bird and camera are cheaper to fix, replace, or write-off as the case may be. It's not a toy by any means despite its cheap price.

Reactions: QuadcopterCrazy
thank you for your replies. is the camera and gimbal on the standard [sp?] a nice quality for recreational videoing?
also do the standards have the "flyaway " issues that some p3s and the old p2s had?

thank you for your responses

thank you for your replies. is the camera and gimbal on the standard [sp?] a nice quality for recreational videoing?
also do the standards have the "flyaway " issues that some p3s and the old p2s had?

thank you for your responses
Yes, the 2.7k video takes amazing video and it is very steady. I haven't had any fly away issues with mine.

Phantoms rarely just fly away on their own. However, pilots can easily make them fly away by not following the instructions in the Phantom manual.

Reactions: Alex Baxter
and have the cracks in the plastic motor housing issue with the P3s been fixed with the standard model ?

Most people don't have an issue with cracks. If it happens, DJI will fix it under warranty.

Reactions: QuadcopterCrazy
With an antenna upgrade like argtek or dbs the range can be extended to over a mile and by law in the usa your not supposed to fly that far away anyway.ive flown mine everyday for a month and no cracks in the frame,I've even flown at freezing temps.the video quality is more than enough for the everyday flier and better than most smartphone cameras.once you experience drones your hooked lol

Sent from my SM-T550 using PhantomPilots mobile app

They're both great birds. It comes down to cost. While the Advanced is listed at $699, it is far superior. However, the Standard is still a fantastic drone for the cost. Best of luck in your decision!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4