what is best option for viewing and flying

Reaction score
Hi guys. I searched the forum and didn't see specifically what I am inquiring about. However I am new the Phantom Vision 2+ (just got it last week). I am flying it MOSTLY by site right now, because viewing via my Android Smartphone is a *****. Can really only see vaguely what the camera sees. Things like how many GPS satellites are connected are not really viewable.

My question is:

1. What is the best all in one tablet with sun visor/cover that IS compatible with the Phantom Vision 2+?

2. Would I be better with FPV goggles and if so, which are the best and compatible that everyone says works?

3. If I were to buy both a tablet and glasses, can a pilot fly with the tablet and someone else use the googles to control the camera?

You know that question has tons of threads on here. Just google and a lot of threads will pop up. I use a iPad mini. And the sun glare pretty much sucks on all of them. Just look plenty of threads.

a simple solution is to put a black golf umbrella in a back pack and stuff the back pack with rigid foam. stick the handle down in the foam, or even dirty laundry so the umbrella can stand opened in the back pack. The key to looking at displays in bright sunlight is to reduce the reflection of objects on the screem, and an opened black umbrella works very well..in very windy conditions, not so much... but then you should be grounded anyhow

Reactions: Richard Gozinya
sheldrake said:
a simple solution is to put a black golf umbrella in a back pack and stuff the back pack with rigid foam. stick the handle down in the foam.....

What a great idea! :) Keeping the sun off the screen is a must!

TeeJayN said:
sheldrake said:
a simple solution is to put a black golf umbrella in a back pack and stuff the back pack with rigid foam. stick the handle down in the foam.....

What a great idea! :) Keeping the sun off the screen is a must!

PLUS, the unbrella seemingly coming out of the butt crack is adorable! :lol:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers