What is allowed as carryon?

Reaction score
I have seen many posts about carry-on's but just want to double check with my own equipment.

Is anything here prohibited from carry on?
IMG_3110.JPG IMG_3111.JPG IMG_3112.JPG IMG_3113.JPG IMG_3114.JPG IMG_3115.JPG IMG_3116.JPG IMG_3117.JPG IMG_3119.JPG Case annotated.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I would take all tools out and put them in a checked bag. Everything else is what I usually have. Check the website of whatever airline you are traveling to verify. ;)

I just got back from Denver, Colorado. I took my Phantom 3 as a carry-on. The only thing I did different was put my Phantom battery's in a fire proof bag. Note:I flew Southwest.

If that case is waterproof find and remove the "o"ring seal.
Some have the 'O' ring like my Tradecraft/Seahorse case and some are automatic... depends on what you have. If it can't 'breath' it will crush down under pressure, even in the cabin with you. Don't risk damaging your quad.

Some have the 'O' ring like my Tradecraft/Seahorse case and some are automatic... depends on what you have. If it can't 'breath' it will crush down under pressure, even in the cabin with you. Don't risk damaging your quad.

Is that why a GoPro won't work so well on an airplane in it's waterproof case?? I took my GoPro on 2 vacations this past summer, and it would always get messed up if I tried using it, I had it in the waterproof case. I did that to protect it in my carry-on (photography backpack actually...) Guess I'll keep it out of the case the next time...

Is that why a GoPro won't work so well on an airplane in it's waterproof case?? I took my GoPro on 2 vacations this past summer, and it would always get messed up if I tried using it, I had it in the waterproof case. I did that to protect it in my carry-on (photography backpack actually...) Guess I'll keep it out of the case the next time...
No, I use mine on jets (go pro) the quad case can flex the GP case can't.

I've made several trips in recent months on Southwest with my P2 and goodies (including three batteries for the P2, two for my Black Pearl monitor, and three for my GoPro H3+ in my GPC case). Never been stopped or questioned by TSA as it went through the xray scanner. My case is carry-on compliant and fits under my seat just fine. Airline regs SPECIFICALLY state that batteries can NOT be stowed in checked luggage, but no mention of carry-on. But I STILL have to take my laptop out of its bag and place it in a separate tray for inspection. Go figure!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1