What is "a level surface" when it comes to calibration?

Reaction score
What exactly is a level surface when it comes to calibrating the IMU and the gimbal?

I can take a cheap level and get close with the dining room table. Then I can put a quality level on it and need further adjustments.

So how level is "a level surface?"

I’ve had great success with a decent level and an 18”x18” piece of tile or glass shimmed with quarters and dimes.

I could be really wrong here, but I believe when DJI changed the IMU procedure to include tilting the drone in several directions, the gyros are able to determine level by the positions you’re directed to orient the AC, thus making the surface level-ness less critical. I still perform it on as level of a surface as I can.

The snooker table and kitchen bench work pretty well for me, as do the tables in my CNC routers.... You could always use a level and some wedges with a piece if glass or olywoid if you can’t find somewhere level....

As perfectly level you can get and no vibration from other sources, calibrate the IMU and do not move the craft, then calibrate the gimbal. I think I will try to convince my wife I need a snooker table (good surface) to calibrate my craft, it seems to have worked for With The Birds.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.