What is a good way to take nice pictures at the sunset or at night camera setting wise?

Reaction score
Is there specific custom settings that allow for really nice high quality pictures at night and focusing on the sunset? I have a P3 Standard and I use Litchi and DJI Go.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Is there specific custom settings that allow for really nice high quality pictures at night and focusing on the sunset? I have a P3 Standard and I use Litchi and DJI Go.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

There's no such thing !
There are no "specific custom settings"

Photography is a subjective art. Start off using "auto" and see what you get, then make adjustments based on what looks good to you.

You can "bracket" your photos to try 3 different settings in one spurt.

Try shooting in RAW so you have more to work with in post editing.

General rules I use. Keep the iso low...100 - 200. That means you will be adjusting shutter. For night shots 2" works pretty good. For sunsets you will need to experiment with faster shutter till you dial in. I use vivid for most shots and usually like it. You can use raw but takes some post edit skills and tools.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

If you have post editing apps like Lightroom etc, here's how I do it:

Set your bird's photo settings to:

Image size: 4:3
Image Format: RAW (saved as a DNG file, you get more image data to work with over compressed JPEG format)
White Balance: AWB or Daylight (you can adjust this later in post editing)
Style: Custom (-2,-2,-2 and add Sharpness, Contrast, Saturation in post)
Color: D-LOG (images look flat/bland but will capture more shadow detail)

Try and shoot at least 1/60" or faster for sharper images. Increase ISO to 200 if needed to up your shutter speed. I found images shot with slower shutter speeds aren't as sharp which makes sense ie your drone has motor vibration and add in wind to the mix.

You'll need to experiment a bit as lighting conditions are constantly changing esp with sunsets.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic