What if one skips a firmware update

Reaction score
what if you skip updating from 1.1.8 to 1.1.9 but then when 1.2.0 comes out they remove 1.1.9 from the servers. Are users screwed as dji said you cannot upgrade to 1.2.0 without 1.1.9?

This is why you should keep a backup of all the firmware, My P3 is updated to the latest 1.1.9 firmware but i do still have on the pc the .bin firmwares for 1.1.6, 1.1.8 and 1.1.9, just in case i should ever need them, i'm not sure how or where to upload to the internet if anyone else needs them?

what if you skip updating from 1.1.8 to 1.1.9 but then when 1.2.0 comes out they remove 1.1.9 from the servers. Are users screwed as dji said you cannot upgrade to 1.2.0 without 1.1.9?
I don't think you can "skip" a firmware update? I received my P3A after 1.1.9 came out. I was prompted to do the update first time I powered it up and the warning wouldn't go away until I did it. The thing I asked and still haven't gotten the answer to is this.
I did the 1.1.9 update to the bird but was unable to update the TX as there have been 2 TX updates since the release?? Since there was NO update for the TX in 1.1.9 I guess my TX just has to be outdated until the next TX update comes along......:confused:??

I thought it was like the Inspire, you have 3 power ups to upgrade, if you don't, it won't allow the motors to start until you do.

Maybe someone has already done this. But setting up a Public DropBox with all the .bin files would be great! Just make sure you put them in the root of the share folder!! :p

Where does DJI state each firmware update is mandatory? I believe you only need to install the most recent version.

I also keep all updates, same as I did on the P2, they are available on either drop box or my server if needed. I also was under the impression that updating was a requirement, I know the update needed warning did not go away until I did. Also from 1.1.8 to 1.1.9 no TX update was needed so it wouldn't accept an attempt. Unless you bought your P3 with the first wave it was more than likely on 1.18 when you got it. The manual does say if you don't update to the latest release then later releases MAY not install.

Reactions: AmosMoses
I got mine May 22 and just applied the 1.1.9 update. The P3 worked fine but when I applied to the TX although it appeared to work exactly right, it didn't write a text file to the card. I have saved the older updates - maybe I should try the 1.1.8 one in my TX although since the files are the same size so they must be including the TZ and P3 and battery updates in every release - it would be idiotic not to.

Reactions: AmosMoses
I got mine May 22 and just applied the 1.1.9 update. The P3 worked fine but when I applied to the TX although it appeared to work exactly right, it didn't write a text file to the card. I have saved the older updates - maybe I should try the 1.1.8 one in my TX although since the files are the same size so they must be including the TZ and P3 and battery updates in every release - it would be idiotic not to.

1.1.9 does not update the transmitter.

Last edited:
I don't think you can "skip" a firmware update? I received my P3A after 1.1.9 came out. I was prompted to do the update first time I powered it up and the warning wouldn't go away until I did it. The thing I asked and still haven't gotten the answer to is this.
I did the 1.1.9 update to the bird but was unable to update the TX as there have been 2 TX updates since the release?? Since there was NO update for the TX in 1.1.9 I guess my TX just has to be outdated until the next TX update comes along......:confused:??
I haven't done a single firmware update....not 1.1.6 or 1.1.8 or 1.1.9 sometimes my tablet is connected to data when powering on the app and sometimes not.....I power on bird first then tx and then i'm flying......maybe i'll update once they unlock the android app functionality.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31