what if broken connection or RC Failure

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to this forum, I'm not sure if this section is for Ground Station feature of the Phantom 2 Vision+ mobile app as well ... apologize if I'm on the wrong place..

I'm not feeling comfortable with the idea of using the Ground Station feature because there is something unclear to me...

What happens if, during a mission, the quad goes too far or behind buildings, and the connection with the app gets broken? Will it continue its mission? return to home? Land in the place it is at the moment? In other words, during a mission, is it really autonomous or is still in communication with the app for directions about the next waypoint?

Same for the RC, let's suppose I turn OFF the RC or the RC itself runs out of battery.. will the Phantom finish its mission anyway?

Thanks

I've got the same question...I would like to fly a circle around a building, but if my altitude is lower than the top of the structure - will I get a 'return to home' when the phantom is on the far side of the building (and I lose radio contact) - or will it complete the mission as entered? Anyone tested this yet?

My 3.6km ground station flight.

Well it will complete the mission,as it's downloaded before it takes off , the range of the std tx is 800m, as it approached this on the iPad screen,I expected it to return home, then as it reached 1000m the warning flashed lost signal, it carried on to the furthest wp and the followed the course as set on the way home!, video of this flight HERE...

DJI Phanton and its GroundStation system completing a total of 3.6km…..yes its a boring video but just shows you what’s possible with this kit all stock items all off the shelf – including the stock 2200mah 3cell lipo! Stock Phantom FC40+DJI Groundstation+mini iPad. Could be done at a quicker speed to save the battery perhaps…. you never know maybe next time. Also if i went straight into the flight rather than flying to Waypoint 1 it would of saved enough time to finish the auto land, as you can see it bounces very well – nothing damaged we had a short test fly on another battery before we left and all was fine

How did you get your FC40 with Ground Station to fly beyond the transmitter range? Everytime mine goes beyond the transmitter range from the ground station, it just hovers and does not continue to the waypoint. Do I need to setup a waypoint to return to home so it knows how to eventually get back?

mrfun said:
I've got the same question...I would like to fly a circle around a building, but if my altitude is lower than the top of the structure - will I get a 'return to home' when the phantom is on the far side of the building (and I lose radio contact) - or will it complete the mission as entered? Anyone tested this yet?

It will complete the mission... It doesn't worry about a signal until it has no further instruction. You will undoubtedly get a lost connection warning but don't panic :)

scottfata said:
How did you get your FC40 with Ground Station to fly beyond the transmitter range? Everytime mine goes beyond the transmitter range from the ground station, it just hovers and does not continue to the waypoint. Do I need to setup a waypoint to return to home so it knows how to eventually get back?

Not sure about the FC40 does it set distance limits? could it be that you're hitting those? It "should" theoretically know how to get home... but I do usually set a waypoint at home with the altitude I want to be safe. (on a Phantom 2)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20