What I pad is the best to use that does not have android

Reaction score
Dji told me the only way to get the tracker to work is get a I pad that does not have android

no I pads have android they have there own operating system

Reactions: konidair and Pharm
What is tracker?

Dji told me the only way to get the tracker to work is get a I pad that does not have android
The gps tracker where you cashe maps
Sounds like some confusion there.
If you are wanting to use a GPS tracker (the extra device you attach to your Phantom to help find it if it gets lost) that is not related to Android/Apple at all and will work whatever tablet you use.
Caching maps also works just fine whether you use and Apple device or Android.
But it isn't related to a tracking device either.

I have a nexus 7 edition and I cannot cache my maps to dji go. Dji told me that my tablet has android and it will not work. That I need something with osi...don't know what to do now I just want to see my map instead of blank screen, I can see the path it has been but no maps. Any help will be helpful

I have a nexus 7 edition and I cannot cache my maps to dji go. Dji told me that my tablet has android and it will not work. That I need something with osi...don't know what to do now I just want to see my map instead of blank screen, I can see the path it has been but no maps. Any help will be helpful
I use android no problems cache your maps before you fly and should be good to go when I go to a location I teather my phone to tablet to cache maps

Android is not your problem.
Whoever you talked to at DJI doesn't know what they are talking about if that's what they said.
If you have the Nexus 7 (2013) (the one with the camera) it's a fine tablet for flying and (like all other Android tablets that work with the Go app) it will cache maps in the Go app.

As you can see in the Published specs, DJI recommend quite a few Android tablets, including the Nexus 7 (2013)
Recommended Devices
  • ios: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPod touch 6, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.
  • Android: Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, SONY Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD

*Support for additional Android devices available as testing and development continues.

Reactions: flpholt
wow must be some noobs at dji giving out bad info not good

Metal4. Can you tell me step by step what to do to cache my maps to the dji go app. Thank you

Metal4. Can you tell me step by step what to do to cache my maps to the dji go app. Thank you
turn on your wifi to tablet then hook up your bird and rc then it will cache map can move it around to where you are going to fly at and cache that area

Open the app somewhere you have wifi and click on the map window.
You should see a map show ... move the map to where you want to fly zoomed to the level of detail you want.
Look around the area in the app.
That's it .. you have just cached a map of that area.

Reactions: Chris0137
I still cannot cache maps, I have tried everything that everyone has said. Dji told me that I have a nexus 7 only not the nexus 7 2 edition and mine is a 2012 model and cannot cache maps to the app. What is a good ipad or tablet to get

Thanks everyone I found out that a app called google street was stopping me from caching maps. Got it going now

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj