What happens when your drone goes down?

Reaction score
I recognize that every situation is different... However , USUALLY how bad is the damage when your drone goes down? I'm not talking about smashing into a wall at full speed. But rather just clipping a tree, or it losing power and plummeting. Is this something that is USUALLY salvageable with repairs in the 200-400 range, or repairs can cost about as much as a new drone?

There really is not a usual crash. Check out this list to get an idea of how much replacement parts cost. If you do crash and it's not worth repairing, you can usually get back a good sum of money by selling off the parts that are still good (e.g. the remote controller). The sticker shock of buying another brand new Phantom won't be so bad then ;)

For new users and those that cannot seem to avoid hitting trees or their own home usually it is just a chip in their prop if your using Carbon Fiber props or a dent or indentation in plastic props. Most of this is on the outer part of the blade. My mishaps occurred early on till I got the hang of it. And usually on landing. I have not yet had a bad crash and hope it never does.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj