What happens if Transmitter loses connection?

Reaction score
Hey,

what happens during a mission, when the transmitter loses it's connection? Will it return to home or continue its mission?

What about losing both connections (= transmitter AND datalink connection lost)? Return to home or continuing the mission?

Thank you!

I would be surprised if turning off the TX would fail to trigger a RTH even during a mission, but I'll wait to hear some more replies. Perhaps someone has already tested?

The RTH feature is a major safety item that I would think would always override everything else. Loss of TX signal is a major hazard, and in every other case, if the Phantom loses the TX signal, it comes home (manual mode excepted) or lands itself.

doug86 said:
I would be surprised if turning off the TX would fail to trigger a RTH even during a mission, but I'll wait to hear some more replies. Perhaps someone has already tested?

The RTH feature is a major safety item that I would think would always override everything else. Loss of TX signal is a major hazard, and in every other case, if the Phantom loses the TX signal, it comes home (manual mode excepted) or lands itself.

You could certainly plan a GS route to get you well out of range of your TX. I would hope a RTH wouldn't be triggered.

Sounds great! I for myself can verify that the Phantom 2 Vision will continue its mission even when the tx will be turned off. I tried that myself. I just wasn't sure what happens to the real ground station on a normal Phantom 2

Opwan said:
So you could plan a mission 2k from home and it would work?

On the normal groundstation, yes...as long as your battery will haul it that far (which isn't really that hard for 2km).

I think the version released for the P2V/P2V+ has a restriction on total mission length, though I don't know for sure what it is or if it's editable.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31